GenePointer

Why will the thrive not charge on the charging dock?

[ Edited ]

My new thrive charges correctly when the charger is plugged directly into the tablet.

When it is in the charging dock and the charger cord is plugged into the dock then the thrive indicates it is charging, but it does not.  

If it indicates 14% when put on the dock and the cord is plugged in to the dock the thrive will indicate charging but even after a number of hours will still be at 14%.

Redsatyr

Re: Why will the thrive not charge on the charging dock?

I just got back from Comic-con, I had my tablet at home on the charge dock. I noticed it's at 30% and slowly going down. I've gotten it down to 50% before and have charged it up. This seems to be a recent issue, possibly caused by one of the many updates that have gone out. I am now trying to plug it in directly to see if that changes anything. I hope this is fixed soon, I can't take it anywhere if it's just going to die on me within an hour or two.

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

My issue with the charging dock is not that it won't charge but that the hdmi port does not work!  If I go directly from the tablet to my tv it works perfectly.  This dock has issues that need to be addressed and as far as I am concerned a waste of money -- you really don't need it!

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

It looks like we may have 3 different issues here.

One Thrive that doesn't charge on the docker, one Thrive that may not charge at all, and one dock that isn't working properly with HDMI.

Lacking any clear & significant trend, it appears that each of these should be addressed individually by contacting tech support at 800-457-7777 if you continue to experience the problems and don't find a solution from within the forum community.

Jim

Occasional Contributor
rustynail

Same here. I thought it was charging on the dock, in fact know it was. However it seems that if the battery gets too low, it does not. Just a guess. I just bought 2 of the hdmi docks and if charging does not work in them, what is the point in keeping them?
Occasional Contributor
rustynail

Actually maybe its not the dock. Off the dock my unit has been direct charge for an hour and a half and its stuck at 43%.
davincitx

Mine is doing the same thing, not charging either via the dock or direct with the cord. I'm not sure what to do. 

syurick

I have the same problem. I called last week about a battery that wouldn't charge above 13%. They had me remove the battery and replace it. The battery started charging and seemed OK. I noticed it only had a 7% charge after staying in its dock all night with the little lightening bolt indicating "charging." I called back and got the same jazz. I had to charge my credit card for $190 dollars until I send the faulty battery back. I said "wait a minute... this is your faulty battery you sold me. Why are you holding 190 of my dollars hostage until you get your faulty equipment back?" I also said "I can get a brand new battery from Amazon.com for $70." He said "I'm sorry sir for the inconvenience." Yeah Yeah... Then he said "it'll be 5 to 7 business days until you get your battery." I said really??? I can get a battery next day from Amazon. I'll see how the new battery works. My tablet is one month old :smileysad:

Occasional Contributor
IT9038

Just for the record my charging dock works great and charges the Thrive in about an hour. Also, the HDMI works showing Thrive generated videos and streaming Amazon prime videos to my HDTV's. Sorry, you folks are having issues but you have defective equipment and need to work with Toshiba tech support for either repair or replacement.
syurick

I'm tracking the new battery.  It's out for delivery right now.  Pretty speedy given I called Sunday evening.  Anyway, I don't have much faith a new battery will fix the problem.  We shall see.  I can say, I will do what it takes to replace it.  I contacted the OfficeMax store I bought it from.  They said "try the battery and we'll make it right if it doesn't work." 

Bigsby10

I had this problem and did battery pull everything....so i decided to unplug the cord from the power block that goes to the Thrive and plug it back in after that it started charging again hope this helps.....

naturalstyles

Hello,  I just purchased a new multidock for my Thrive, and my tablet will not charge on it.  It will charge from the power cord plugged directly into the tablet.    I have another multidock, and it will charge on that one.  I wanted to have 2 so that I had one upstairs and one downstairs.

Also, I don't know if this is another problem, but when I attach speakers to the multidock, I get sound from the external speakers, and also from my tablet.  I don't think it is supposed to work like that.  I think that the dock audo jack  is supposed to work like plugging in headphones.  I don't think that the tablet speakers are supposed to emit sound when on the dock and an external audio cable is plugged in.

Has anyone else had these problems?  I just purchased this and set it up Monday.    Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so very much for any feedback that you can send my way.

Dutchman229

This worked for me. I pulled my battery out, powered on with the cord pluged in, powered down, put the battery back in and now it is charging. Thanks to all.

Dutch

David E. Holland