jrchatfield

User's Manual

How can I obtain a Thrive User's Manual in a bound booklet form?

Occasional Advisor
epags

Re: User's Manual

First you get a printer, then........

Sorry to be a comic but that is the only way I am aware of to get a written manual. No body seems to give a hard copy manual these days.

I wanted one so I (on my PC) set the print option to brochure and two pages per sheet of paper.

Then cut and collate
Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Hard Copies are so 1980's .. Welcome to 2012 where Soft Copies rule!

P.S.: Isn't one of the core purposes of a tablet to read on it? 

P.P.S.: Think before you print. 

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
fluffy24

What process did you follow to print the Thrive Manual???

Occasional Advisor
epags

Fllufy24: No one answer will work for everyone....here are some general/recommended steps.
1. The manual is a PDF file.
2. I recommend you save it to the thrive for on line reading and save to a PC for printing. IMO there are more printing options from a PC.
3. Open the PDF file, find the print symbol, click and select the printer
4. You should be able to see options to print full page, multiple pages per sheet of paper, or print a pamphlet.
5. Your choice will be on how big you want each page (for reading)
6. Now it gets tricky if this is your first attempt to print multiple pages. Remember the manual is about 100 pages..that is alot of paper and there isn't,t that many words per page in the thrive manua
7. My recomendation is to print only one side of each sheet of paper unless you are using fairly heavy bond paper.
8. Run a test using a PDF document that has maybe 4 to 8 pages. (My first attempt wasted about 20 pages before I could stop the printing process.)

Good luck and let us know how it comes out
fluffy24

Thank you for your respose. I will forgo the manual.

drusap

I bought a 10 Thrive and there is no instructions whatsoever? I lost!

Occasional Advisor
epags

Hi drusap:  If your 10" thrive is new out of the box it will have an application (touch the little squares at the top of the opening screen and scroll to the words "User's Guide").  This is the orginal manual and does not cover the latest operating system "ICS".  You can read about them on the other forum: http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/forum.php

If your Thrive does not have the app "User's Guide" let us know.