Occasional Contributor
sbosak

Unlock cover button doesn't work?

Wanted to check out where the battery was, etc. but the unlcok slider doesn't budge. Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to force the slider and break anything....

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

Re: Unlock cover button doesn't work?

There isn't much to break if it's not unlocking. Try lifting the cover first a bit to maybe nudge the lock back in the right place. I've always taken it 60% off before I remember to unlock it. So it may just be a tight fit. 

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Occasional Contributor
Brucew

Mine was very tight the first time. Just make sure that the lock button is in unlocked. I started at speaker holes then worked around the unit until most of the edge was loose. Then I pried out the cover on the side furthest from the lock slide. Next I put my hand inside the cover and pushed straight out on the cover nearest the lock. There is a small lock stem that sticks out on the cover and goes into a hole on the tablet so try and not pry it off from the non-locking side , in my opinion.  

Occasional Contributor
sbosak

Thanks, guys. I eventually DID get it to slide over (VERY tight), then followed some of your tips. Now, miraculously, it slides easily and works. Go figure. 

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

Glad you were able to get it open.

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -