Regular Advisor
dalepl

USB Drivers

Are there any plans for Toshiba to release USB drivers for the AT100?

Paul

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
Regular Contributor
kwek_kwek_69

Re: USB Drivers

you could try to format your sd card or flash drive using Fat32 or exfat...this would work...

Cheers...

dawiz55

So you're saying the Thrive only plays drives that a formated FAT32 when most drives are NTFS?

Regular Advisor
dalepl

I was talking about ADB drivers.  I got the generic Google ones working, but I was hoping Toshiba was going to release ones for the Thrive. 

As for what formats the Thrive will read.  Right now it is Fat32 or exFat.

Paul L. Dale
hleumas

Where did you find the generic Google drivers? I plugged my Thrive into a WinXP machine and it fails to find any drivers.

One thing I was surprised, and saddened, to discover was that I couldn't plug in my 16 GIGABYTE device and not be able to access the files on it when connected to a desktop machine.

wbrianw

Here is how to get mtp driver for the thrive to install. You have to install the android sdk and get the google usb v4 driver. then add these lines to the android_winusb.inf file located in the directory where you installed the sdk under

/extras/google/usb_driver

Add these lines under [Google.NTx86] or [Google.NTamd64] depending on whether you are using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows. If unsure, it is safe to add these under both these sections.

;NVIDIA Tegra
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0930&PID_7000
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0930&PID_7100&MI_01

echo 0x930 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

this link helped but for the thrive the vendor id was wrong.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/enable-adb-usb-drivers-for-nvidia-tegra-based-android-tablets/

another note. If you have a usb_driver directory under your sdk install directory ignore it. its not the correct one. the correct one will be under extras/google.

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Please read my response in your thread on MTP drivers.  MTP drivers are not the same as the ADB drivers.  MTP is Media Transfer Protocal and is what Toshiba used for the Thrive to talk to a Windows PC so you can access the files on the Thrive via the Windows File Explorer.  ADB is Android Device Bridge and is used for development.

Paul L. Dale