dtipton

Thrive Battery shows 0%

Have had no problems with Thrive until now.  Yesterday, I unplugged the charger, and noticed that the battery indicator showed a "?".  When I go into settings>About ... Battery status is "unknown" and Level is 0%.

When I plug the charger in, the display at the "locked" screen shows "Connect your charger" even when charger is connected.

Charger output is 24VDC (unloaded).  Spec on charger shows 19VDC output.

When powered off, I have a white ON/OFF light and white Battery indicator (while unplugged).

So ... do I have a bad charger or bad tablet or bad software?

Thanks, Dave

dtipton

Re: Thrive Battery shows 0%

First effort:

Powered Thrive off.  Removed battery (inspection was nominal), reinstalled battery.  Status now shows correctly (75%) and discharging (without charger) and charging (AC) with charger.

Don't know if this was just a random glitch or a symptom of something more ominous.

Thanks,  Dave Tipton

Peter

I would guess it's just a random glitch. I'm glad it's working for you now!

- Peter
Occasional Builder
hardhatharry

The next time you power down, remove the battery and wipe the contacts on the battery and Thrive with a soft cloth.

v962230

I had the exact same problem this morning. Unplugged the tablet from the charger and the white charged light remained on while the battery power level indicator showed 0%.  Followed Dave's directions - powered Thrive off, removed battery, and reinstalled battery.  Everything is okay now. I'm not sure what this portends...

DougSundquist

Same thing happened to me just today. Took the battery out and put back in as suggested and OK now. Hope it's a one time thing, if not I'll be back here again
flip2

Mine also did this, had to take the battery out.  Another flaw for toshbia to work out.

ptb
ptb

Just happened to me this morning and I did what you did and now it's fine!