AustinDino

Tablet won't turn on!

I turned my tablet off this morning to charge, now the white power light is on but the screen wont turn on at all!!

Occasional Contributor
gkramer

Re: Tablet won't turn on!

Have you tired taking the battery out then plug the thrive in to see if it will turn on

intel28147

Hey, I am experiencing the same thing.  What did you do to get it back working?

LittleBokey

Having the same issue. Internal screen does not come on.. I hooked up to a monitor using HDMI port and found the Thrive is booting/running, but the internal screen is blank. I'm going to try a factory reset, but it appears the screen is dead. If that is the case, thank goodness my Thrive is still under warr.

dhein

I had the same problem and called Tech Support.  After going through all the trials I was told that there is a screen problem.  They opened a repair order and I shipped it back today.  Really disappointed!!

LittleBokey

Sent mine back to Toshi repair. Order the shipping box to be safe, arrived in 2 days and I returned it the next. The repair stated Toshi replaced the screen cable and it was back in my hands in 7 days. Yes, I was bumming about the failure, but nice fast service by Toshi made it as painless as possible. Thanks Toshi support.

betajdl

how much did all that cost?

misterlucky

[ Edited ]

there are two different ways that i know of to solve the no power up problem: either take out the battery and immediately put it back in, or just hold the power button down, for a long time, about ten seconds..the tablet will recycle, and then press the power button again, and it should power right up.

You'll know when you're holding the power button down long enough, cuz the white light will go off, leaving all the lites off..then you simply press the power button again and it should start up.

LittleBokey

$0. Toshiba sent the box, prepaid and did the repair under warrantee. 

alisalld

Hey, I'm having the same issue. It's connected to the HDMI Toshiba port and its playing my music, but when the screen times out I cannot get it to come back on without rebooting it. what could be the reason for this?

BernardSimmons

Well mines out of warranty.  Looks as if it'll go in the trash as I can buy a 32 gig nexus for what they want to repair it.  Seems as if it's a known issue and they should fix it free, but they want a credit card and 131.00 dollars just to talk to a service tech.  That's nonsense.