Occasional Contributor
TysAri08
Accepted Solution

Stuck on "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen

I tried to perform the update to ICS. But when it rebooted, it now stays on the "Toshiba Leading Innovation Screen." I've tried using the "wipe data/factory reset" option by holding down power and volume up. That looks like it's working, but then it looks up in the same place. Anyone have any idea what I can do to get it back up?

Peter

Re: Stuck on "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
morr22066

Of course I am not sure, but it sounds like you may have had a bad download and that some of the files may have been corrupted.  Yu may need to gt another copy of the I.C.S. image and try to reflash the image.  There are other 'thrive forums' that may have a copy of the I.C.S. image and instructions on how to do it, but you may lose all of your data.  I don't believe we are allowed to go into detail on how to do things like that here but you may also want to try calling the customer support number to see if they have other options that would not involve losing your data.

Occasional Contributor
TysAri08

I already tried to contact tech support and they told me I'd have to send it in for repair, which will cost me mioney out of my pocket, which sucks because my warranty expired by a month to the day it quit working.

My Thrive started to have issues a while back, most of which I blamed on Android, so I just continued to wait for ICS, rather than try to use my warranty with Toshiba to do whatever they do. Eventually, the ICS update came, I updated, or tried rather. My Thrive restarted and froze on the "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen. I tried multiple times to reboot and tried to restore to factory settings nothing worked. Now I can't use my Thrive. So, in trying to update with their OTA update, my Thrive became unusable. 

I should've just sent my Thrive back last year when I first bought it and it was having those issues with waking from standby. Instead I was patient and worked with Jim on these forums to get that problem resolved and tested the new versions to make sure it was working.

Occasional Contributor
TysAri08

Thanks everyone for your help!

Occasional Contributor
TysAri08

I had to send it in to Tristar Computer to be fixed.