lovescows

SD card

Can you download photos from an SD card to the gallery on the thrive tablet?
Regular Contributor
kwek_kwek_69

Re: SD card

you can transfer files from SD card to the tab memory by using the file manager on the tab or you can download a 3rd party software for file management...you can copy or cut and paste the pics...

CHEERS!!!

Occasional Contributor
grandjd

Or you can leave them on the SD card and view them from there.

Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

The Gallery will scan all mounted devices for supported media files, not need to transfer files to the internal memory.

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

mcarver2000 wrote:

The Gallery will scan all mounted devices for supported media files, not need to transfer files to the internal memory.

Unless they want to keep it on their thrive. It's desireable, in some cases, to move the files to the thrive, then use the empty card for more pictures.

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Occasional Advisor
LaptopNube

I put all my pics on the card, save space for apps (but I don't have a rooted device). I even set the wallpaper pics to the SD card.

Used to be when restarted tablet, or shut down for long periods of time, Android would forget files on the SD card (because of how the device is names hardware wise). Now, I can load one screen of pictures in photo frames, and still launch. It remembers Music files (wonder what that latest update to Music was), and set screen savers are actually referenced from the card.

With a 16 gig tablet, that is all the room I need, keep many apps in the cloud until ready to use.

Regular Advisor
austeregrim

LaptopNube wrote:

I put all my pics on the card, save space for apps (but I don't have a rooted device). I even set the wallpaper pics to the SD card.

Used to be when restarted tablet, or shut down for long periods of time, Android would forget files on the SD card (because of how the device is names hardware wise). Now, I can load one screen of pictures in photo frames, and still launch. It remembers Music files (wonder what that latest update to Music was), and set screen savers are actually referenced from the card.

With a 16 gig tablet, that is all the room I need, keep many apps in the cloud until ready to use.

Just fyi, where apps get storred and your data (such as pictures) are seperate locations. You have 1 or 2 gigs set aside only for apps. So you can load up on pictures and videos and still have the same number of apps, even when you have "no space" for more media.

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Peter

This thread has been moved to another message board. Click the link to jump to its new location.