txblue
Accepted Solution

Price change on Thrive screen?

[ Edited ]

I guess the wait gives me time to replace my cracked screen - it is not Gorilla glass.

This is Off Topic but maybe Toshiba Jim can answer. (By the way, all of your efforts are greatly appreciated.)

• The price from Toshiba for the screen has gone from ~$67 to $199 for the 105. Is there a reason for this increase?
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Re: Price change on Thrive screen?

That doesn't sound right. My first guess would be that the lower price was for the outer glass layer while the higher price is for the actual display panel.

That said, I don't personally have that type of parts price information. Where did you get the prices from?  A phone number or URL?

Jim

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Jim

You are correct.  They no longer list the glass.  the only part number available is for the whole glass assembly.  That is indeed the reason for the jump in price.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
txblue

Thanks Jim.

The install should be much easier with the "assembly" and it is worth a good bit extra for the tedious work avoided. The assembly is mostly the cushion tape around the perimeter. Lesson leaned: buckle portfolio briefcase EVERY time.

txblue

Hi Jim-

I ordered the glass/front two weeks ago from NPD. There had been email silence since the confirmation email so I chatted on line with customer service yesterday. They acknowledged it to be on B/O from Toshiba. I asked "when?" and they said "a few months".

• Any reasonably-priced alternatives?

My screen protector is holding it together and all is working. (If it had not hit the edge of the glass, maybe ....)

• Any plans for gorilla glass?

Am looking forward to the upcoming OTA push.

Thanks.

cheermom

Where do I get the glass for the toshiba thrive I have a 10inch thrive and the screen is cracked and I need a new one so where do I order one at?