Occasional Advisor
jw14211

PLAY STORE FLAW WITH THRIVE

When I want to download stuff off the Google Play Store, it says it not compatible with my Thrive, HOWEVER, as I find other means of getting what I want to download, I find that things work quite well on my Thrive.
SHADOWGUN THD, WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE TOSHIBA THRIVE,,, so why does Google Play say it don't?

J. W. CARTER
Occasional Contributor
mpop

Re: PLAY STORE FLAW WITH THRIVE

It might not be a bug.  In the app I did, I have used the android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE permission (this is because it is an audio playing app, and I turn off the audio if you get a call or make a call) well when I put it on the store, that permission told play that the app needed the device to be a android.hardware.telephony device.  Well I had to add a special option to my app so that tablets could see it (as I really did not care about the telephone in this case) 

So the fact could be that the app uses a permission that causes the play store to see it as needing a service the thrive can not provide.  I learned this when I went to try to install the app on my thrive and it told me (using a direct link on the thrive) my device id not have phone call ability and the app required it.

Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

The reason Shadowgun THD is listed as not for the THRiVE is that this particular app is stated as "Only for NVIDIA Tegra 3 Powered Devices".  The THRiVE is a Tegra 2 device.  The compatiability seen in the Play Store is controlled by the developer.  I would hazard to guess it may work on the THRiVE, but not with the full detail/features that work on a Tegra 3 device.

Occasional Advisor
jw14211

I have shadowgun on my thrive, but I think it's not the hd one.
Funny thing though, I bet all those apps can work on the thrive, just not at full feature.
It may just be a ploy to get more money spent on new devices, who knows?
I have installed games on my Thrive, that the app store says it won't run on, and yet they do.

Try a third party app store or share system.
Or do like I, and wait to get the Nexus 10 or any other tablet,, the thrive might be dead.

J. W. CARTER