-PC and MAC unable to recognize THRiVE
-Massive lag on keyboard on all applications
-Unable to delete pre installed apps
-Power LED blinking fast something 
-Wifi LED stays on in sleep mode
-No fastboot 
-Random browser crashes

Feel free to add to this thread.

ATT: Toshiba please take note of this post!
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
Occasional Contributor
twenytree

Re: Known problems with the THRiVE

1. mine doesnt have random reboots 2. dont use sleep mode cuz i wanna save battery 3. apps cant be saved to sd card maybe becuz of copyright or they think you wil take out the sd card an share it with friends? 4. there is a print screen thing i think i havent used it but im sure i read somewhere here it had one 5.Notification LED's blinking randomly - are you sure yours aint broke ? did you drop it?
Occasional Advisor
epags

You said:

Below is a list of problems I have been facing on my unrooted THRiVE:

-Random reboots                                              not normal (may be due to an app's permissions)
-Random wake from sleep mode                        not normal (may be due to an app's permissions)
-Cannot save APPS to SD                                   design characteristic
-No screenshot/print screen capability               design characteristic (nothing in manual or other forums)
-Only 3GB free memory for apps                        App designers need to allow their apps to 'see' the external SD
-Horrible sound out-put                                     can be improved if you experiment with the multimedia setting 
-PC and MAC unable to recognize THRiVE           must use the mini UBS connection. 
-Massive lag on keyboard                                  may be the app you are trying to type to
-Unable to delete pre installed apps                   design characteristic hopefully upgrade to ICE will permit
-Notification LED's blinking randomly                 there are no 'notification' LEDsonly power, wifi and battery leds

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Does epags work for Toshiba?

All the issues I have reported have been confirmed by other users aswell - I am not the only one.

By the way, none of these issues are normal, which is why they are being reported!

And no, I did not drop my thrive!

And by the notification LED I mean specifically the power LED does a fast blink sometimes when it's on stand by and sometimes when it feels like it does a slow "breathing" type blink.

And DUH! I used a mini USB to connect my THRiVE to my MAC and to my PC - how else would I connect it?

Honestly I hope Toshiba resolves these and all the other issues THRiVE users have been facing. As mentioned in a previous post, I got this device at the same time as my brother who got the Samsung galaxy tab. He hasn't faced ANY of these issues!

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
SuperKPhotoGuy

My sound went out... cracks, pops then silencio.... no hay band. They swapped it out after only owning my thrive 32gb for 3 months... sound is OK now but I'm still concerned, to me, this is the Achilles heal on this gadget.

Other issues-was streaming video nicely for about 2 weeks, then made the mistake of applying the latest service pack and the whole setup was for nothing. Spent a good month playing with the router, gave up, played vids off the SD card and like magic, this latest service pack-update fixed the streaming video issue.

I'm less than thrilled...
Occasional Builder
reverted

The 3 gig memory for apps is a thrive problem not app developers fault, it doesn't matter which thrive you have you only get 3 gigs for apps.
Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Dear Toshiba, 

Any feedback on the above mentioned issues THRiVE owners are facing?

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
superdave436

Dash are you 12 years old? Many of those so called "issues" are operating system/android related. Massive lag dude Lol. Grow up buddy. Do you really think Toshiba cares what you think?

Occasional Builder
reverted

Is that really called for? Go troll somewhere else.
Occasional Contributor
rtakacs

The problems not listed that I especially enjoy;

Random browser closing
After charging you must unlock it after disconnecting or the screen will stay on and suck the battery till you do
Occasional Advisor
epags

Nope, epags doesn't work for Toshiba. Epags doesn't work at all. Nothing in this world is perfect and for a given amount of money would will just have to live with certain limitations.

I tried to address you issues with the possible reasons for them (I have been an engineer for 55 years and have a good understanding of economics.

Involuntary sleep mode was resolved several iterations ago; people have used the regular ubs to try to hook to pc and since you did not specify readers ask for clarification ; ditto possible damage from a drop.

Have a nice day
magerb

@rtakacs I used to have random browser closings, but have not had any since the .0003 update.
Occasional Advisor
-dash-

[ Edited ]
Guys,

After further blogging I have found that many of these issues are are OS related and not Toshiba's doing.

Regardless of my age (I am not 12!), this is the only platform for me to address the issues im currently facing on my THRiVE.

My sincere apologies if I have bothered some members if this forum by listing my personal findings.
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
vstyler111

Re: Known problems with the THRiVE/Honeycomb

Same problems here with: browser crashing (stock browser, Dolphin, and Opera mobile/mini), no app to sd ability. It is NOT an app development issue as none of the apps on the market can be moved. Has not been dropped/broken and is not rooted. The main attraction to the Thrive is the sd card. Toshiba seems to be ignoring this issue.
Posted from Samsung Galaxy SII
lnorton000

I bought a refurbished Thrive. It still has first users data stored and factory reset does not work to clear out data. It will not store my gmail, wifi, email accounts, etc.  It will not update to current operating system in the Garage app. The apps are unstable, even basic ones like mail, the operating system, and browers.  This is a huge disappointment. I am at a loss what to do. 

vstyler111

***Update***I was at my wits end with the browser force closing more frequently. I had also started having problems with the tablet booting from sleep/Locked screen. It would take about 30 secs for the pw screen to appear. I decided to go into the settings-applications-running-cached, I cleared the cache in the list of running apps with the exception of any related to the os. The cached files there do not clear with cache clearing apps I've used. Voila! I was shocked. It hasn't force closed since (3 Weeks now) and is operating smoothly and boots up instantly. If it seems "unstable" after you clear the cached files, simply restart your tablet.
vstyler111

Re: Known problems with the THRIVE/Honeycomb

@inorton000...That's a tough one. What happens when you check for updates? Have you gone into the file manager to see what the latest os files are (they begin with os.....apk)? You can click on the os files and reinstall them because this does sound like a system problem. Is the "system updater" file there? I know it can be very aggravating but explore your system files. You won't hurt if you don't uninstall anything but it shouldn't let you anyway.
superdave436

www.thriveforums.org

post your problem there you will get the help you need 

Megalocnus

People need to to search and get to know their devices a little better before posting.

A lot of nonsense and misinformation here.

Sorry OP, but threads like this one just make forums a lot less useful.

AuntieP

I have a Thrive AT200 which often freezes and locks up on me. I try to shut down and it stops responding,and it just has to be run out of battery until I can reboot. now the screen rotation has stopped working, and no, it hasn't been dropped, it's prone to overheating, especially when plugged in.