Announce

ICS for THRiVE Status Update

We are working hard to bring Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich to our Thrive tablets. While we originally estimated it would be ready this spring, we now estimate the update will be delivered to all Thrive 10” and 7” tablets by early fall. Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Re: ICS for THRiVE Status Update

[ Edited ]

The complaints about the delay of ICS availability have been heard and are understood, but there were a number of misleading comments. These included implying that ICS for Thrive is not coming at all, that it has been intentionally delayed, and that Toshiba had reneged on some commitment. These types of statements are inaccurate and counterproductive to the purposes of these forums, so I've archived prior responses to this announcement and locked the thread. 

As the Announce message stated, and as Peter and I have said in a number of threads, ICS for Thrive is in the works, for both 7" and 10" versions. The ICS update for Thrive is just entering beta testing this week and will be released OTA via Service Station as soon as it is ready.

We would all prefer to have seen the late Spring target timeframe nailed, but we missed it. There's nothing dishonest or shameful about that. I would much rather miss a target date than release software before it is ready, for the sake of hitting the target.

Jim