clparkerjr

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10"

Mine is doing this as well as loosing its wifi signal and even when it wakes up, when it does, the signal cannot be found for quite sometime, i have to turn off the wifi, then turn it back on

Occasional Advisor
jw14211

My wifi disconnected only once since the update, do to the fact I got out of range, which is poor to say the least.
Go to the Play store, and download wifi boost, it works very well.
I'm sure as we all post the bugs within this update, Toshiba is taking note, and will address these in an update.

JELLY BEAN will and has solved these and other problems with ICS.
Just do a little research on Jelly Bean, and compair it with what your experiencing now.

J. W. CARTER
mfp
mfp

Hi everyone!

I'm bought my Thrive in Argentina and Toshiba never give me any support. Update to 3.2 never appears in my Service Station so I rooted my TT and upgraded to ICS. Now my TT works better and I have ICS. So thank you Toshiba for the user service! Root and prosper!

Occasional Contributor
slb44116

I have had no power/wake up issues...I have, however, lost my wifi signal several times since the update (it's pretty strong and a few times I was in the same room, within feet of it). I have also been getting knocked off of web pages and been bounced back to my "home screen" many, many times....each day is more frustrating:smileysad:
dierk

Ok, let's break it down.  Your THRiVE goes into sleep mode, either by pressing the power button once, or timing out?  You try to wake your machine by pressing the power button and....nothing? 

Too get my Thrive to work again, I then turn it off and then turn it back on.

After updating to ICS, I have also had this same problem 3 times. I never had this problem with Honeycomb.

Becaris

[ Edited ]

All went well with the update, until I tried to play movies that were on my SD card.  These were movies I have played MANY times on 3.2, but now that I upgraded to ICS, none of them will play.  These movies are in .m4v format, and used to work.  What is the story?  

And an update... it isn't just .m4v format, I've had trouble with MP4 now as well.  It seems incredibly picky about what it will play, when it used to play all of these movies.  This really sucks.

Becaris

Besides the movie play back problems, the File Editor keeps locking up now, and all I can do is reboot the Thrive.  If I were any of you, I would hesitate to update to this ICS version.  If I could go back, I would not use it.  So far, advantages, zero, problems, two.  And these are not small problems, movie playback and file editor malfunctions.

Wait to see of Toshiba will fix these major issues in ICS, prior to your losing them.

KAC2012

After the ICS update, my Thrive 10 will not wake up. Have to shut down, then re-start. Did not have this problem before the update.

rednecktablet

My internet is always going to sleep was being hopeful for ics to fix it but it made it worse. I prsonaly am starting to think the thrive is garbage updates for it seem to just make it worse my brothers Asus tablet that was way cheaper is a better buy than this, I feel very cheated.
Becaris

Another update to my issues:   It looks as though the problem is not playing mp4 or m4v files, it is that the ICS update killed my 64 gig SD card.  No, I didn't have it in while the update took place.  I ejected it first, rebooted, ran the update, rebooted, added the card.  I tried to run a movie off it after that and it wouldn't run any of them, then eventually, after serveral reboots, killed the SD card completely.  Not that I can prove that the update did this, maybe the card just decided to go bad right at the exact same time... I don't know.

Occasional Advisor
1shado1

"All went well with the update, until I tried to play movies that were on my SD card.  These were movies I have played MANY times on 3.2, but now that I upgraded to ICS, none of them will play.  These movies are in .m4v format, and used to work.  What is the story? 

And an update... it isn't just .m4v format, I've had trouble with MP4 now as well.  It seems incredibly picky about what it will play, when it used to play all of these movies.  This really sucks."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried another media player, such as MX Player?  It is available for free in the Google Play Store.

FluxCobalt

My Thrive does not show in the service station, ICS as being available for update. It still shows the Android Version as 3.2.1.21.5.0009. I tap check for updates but it still shows that there are No Software Updates Available. I live in the USA. What might be the problem?
Occasional Contributor
russski

After the ICS update, I have no audio. Is there a way to get it back? I have hash marks in the sound settings for audio for music, etc and also in the notification icon and you can't get rid of them.
rmohan

I got a new Thrive today from 1SaleADay site. I am trying to register as well as update to ICS. Registration fails with a message at the registration site that this product cannot be registered in USA ( I am in Boston, USA). Also in the Service Station app, when I press Check For Updates, it gives me a message that No Software Updates Available.

This is the info given in Service Station App.

App Version : 1.1.14

Android Ver : 3.2.1.31.5.0002

Model : Toshiba At100

Part No: PDA01U-00101FB

Serial No: 8B107115R

Help Please.

Thanks

RMohan

Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

FluxCobalt is that a 4G THRiVE? I dont know if they have ICS out for that model yet.
-----------------------------------------
THRiVE Owner - ThriveForums.org
Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

Rmohan, if you are on version 0002 you still need to update to 0003 before you can go to ICS. The updates are sequential. Do you see 0003 update in que?
Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

Russski, try doing a factory restore. Back up your data first because you'll lose everything. Might be just a bad file in the update.
rmohan

When I press the Check For Updates button, it says No software update is available.

So nothing is shown in the queue.

Occasional Contributor
russski

No

ram624

Halfway through loading ICS on Thrive 10" it locked up. Now it says I have ICS but nothing is different. Help