tubasparky

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10"

Peter, or other Toshiba dev: Is there a list of all the new features that are in addition to stock ICS features? i.e. New feature to move apps to shared storage, new screenshot feature Home+Vol-, etc.
bg38357

The native browser still crashes after the upgrade. Why is the browser so buggy?

Back to Opera........

tubasparky

You could try Chrome or Firefox now. :smileyhappy:
Occasional Contributor
WillPittenger

Actually, until August 28th, the only version of Firefox available for tablets is the beta.  (Unless you want Aurora or the nightly.)

Will Pittenger
Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

My stock browser works but I disabled it in ICS and just use Dolphin HD, its the only one that seems to work right for me. There is also Maxthon HD browser you can download that seems okay.

Firefox 15 beta was solid but slow to load pages, and Chrome worked fast but kept messing up.

-----------------------------------------
THRiVE Owner - ThriveForums.org
Occasional Contributor
Parsival

And the nightly firefox works well for me... It is synced with my desktop browser for both tabs and bookmarks.

As well it finally has flash support for Honeycomb and ICS.

AAE
AAE

hi Peter,

i updated my Toshiba THRiVE 10" AT105-T1032 with the powerful ICS 4 update, I would like to say that everything is good, The update is well and the performance after update is great.

Thank you TOSHIBA...

Ahmed Awad Ellaban

EGYPT

aliralmufti

I finally downloaded it, it works very well with no crashes at all, even with camera, mine is at100 Canadian room, it rocks. With antutu benchmark the score is 4800, while with honeycomb it was 3888.
Thanksssssssssssssss toshibaaaaaa
Ed100

I instelled the update now my internet on Facebook is running so slow that I can not use it. I have the Facebook app but it sucks. How can I get my old system back.
Occasional Contributor
WillPittenger

Ed100 wrote:
How can I get my old system back.

Until the Toshiba representatives respond, I would say "Too late."  If you backed up your entire Thrive, you might have a chance.

Will Pittenger
Occasional Contributor
Android-Newbie

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10" - feedback

When I turned on the AT105-32GB it informed me of the update.

I clicked on the Service Station link provided and it downloaded on the first attempt.

I ran through the installation, it auto updated my 133 applications and launched.

The camera works fine as does everything else I have tried...except for the following.

If none of the email accounts have any email messages in their inbox, the COMBINED VIEW will
fail each time with an "Unfortunately, email has stopped" dialog box. Thought you'd want to know.

THANKS - It's finally here.

Occasional Contributor
Android-Newbie

Two questions:

1) Is there a PDF document somewhere that lists the differences between Honeycomb and ICS ?

2) I notice most items (browser bookmarks, gallery, etc.) showup in thumbnail mode now.
Is there a way to switch it back to list view, or toggle between them as a user preferrence ?

Any help appreciated.

-TC

dvsnis

not sure if this is the place for this .. sorry if its not MOD. 

Does anyone see how to turn predictions back on with the stock  android keyboard ? I cant seem to get them to work anymore.. 

manickv

Peter,

I have a thrive AT 100, when i click the service station  for update, it says no sofware update available , can you please help me to get this update?

Manick

cwp
cwp

Same here. from Ma. and it's been an hour and it says still downloading. It said " a few minutes" when it started.

Trix08

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10": Update on Camera Issue

Hey guys. I still haven't talked to Toshiba yet, but I have resolved my camera issue. I purchased a copy of Camera Zoom FX and that seems to work. My stock Camera is still not operational and continues to freeze when turned on, I understand that this is a new OS and there will be some bugs. I just wanted to let my fellow Thrive Users know what to expect. I updated all of my programs and they are all working smoothly. Since my last post, I've grown to like ICS more than I did this morning. There is no longer a hesistation when rotating the screen (although the process has changed, manually unlocking and changing your screen orientation is no longer how it works. Now, your manual lock is tied to the system Auto-Rotate Screen function. When you unlock the manual button, the auto rotation comes on and rotates the screen, when you lock it, the auto-rotate screen functions is turned off.) With a newly improved Media Player, and what sounds like a sound boost, the ICS update (other than the stock camera issue) is so far so good. 

Occasional Contributor
cybersmoke53

Peter where is tbe update for the AT105-1032G models. I went to service station and no update available. Do I need something else to do update. Running stock 3.2.1 HC. I have 4g + wifi model only 6 months old.
Karen
Karen
Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5116 Win 8.1
Samsung Note 8 AT&T
Unicorn-Lady

Thank you, thank you!  Appreciate the yummy Ice Cream Sandwich. Am downloading it now. And, yes, it is taking quite a long time, but who cares? Maybe too many are downloading at the same time. Cant wait to take it out for a road test.

Know you missed the late spring release date, but unlike way too many other Thrive owners, I have never believed it was a conspiracy or broken promise. Doing something right often takes longer than anticipated. Have always been willing to wait without all the drama.

I love my Thrive and have continued to recommend it to others and would willingly buy another. Recently had a rather serious illness and was unable to be very active. Believe my Thrive helped me retain my sanity during that time.

Kudos to everyone in the software development department. Know you worked long and hard to get this update completed. Thank you so much.

nopcbs

I have a 16G Thrive AT105. It is running Android 3.1. When I go to Service Station and check for updates, all I get is a 3.1 upgradw option. No Android 4.0 is listed. Tried this several times. Always the same. I am in the USA. So, how the heck do I get the long awaited ICS? For that matter, why don't I see a 3.2 update? I am the second owner of this Thrive.

Help?

Geo
Unicorn-Lady

[ Edited ]

P. S. P. NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Just tried to download ICS update for 5th time. Am getting a message that it cannot be downloaded and to check my network connection. The download never gets to 50% of the process.

Have removed all devices, stopped all running apps possible, have it plugged into power cord. Have an "N" router located close to where the Thrive is. Have been able to view movies on Netflix with same connection with no problems. Wi-Fi indicator is displaying as maxed out.

Don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any ideas I can try? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thrive 8GB Owner

P.S. At times when go to Service Station and click on Check For Updates, I get a message that a connection to the Toshiba Web server cannot be made and to check my network connection.