russski1

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10"

I also have Chrome and it does the same thing.
Russ Sulewski
Occasional Advisor
1shado1

russski1 wrote:
I also have Chrome and it does the same thing.

**bleep**.  Have you considered rolling back to Honeycomb?

Occasional Advisor
jw14211

there's no rollback unless you ship it and pay for it.

J. W. CARTER
Occasional Contributor
navyduck

• Just found a partial fix for browser problems.  Downloaded Overskreen which gives you resizable windows and is a little Mac like with it's look and feel.  Runs nice and smooth and solved the problem with clicking on links.  
  • The one down side so far is that, when typing in a window, the space bar doesn't work.  It does a page up which moves the text out of sight and doesn't actually space so I'm writng this in Chrome.
  • It costs $2.49 .
Occasional Advisor
1shado1

jw14211 wrote:

there's no rollback unless you ship it and pay for it.

Actually, there is.  Just gotta know where to go, and whom to ask.  :smileyhappy:

russski1

So why don't you tell us all on how to get Honeycomb back for free.
Russ Sulewski
argh1961

Read this. Save what you can't afford to lose (pictures, etc). I've never had to do this, so I have no advice beyond save your stuff. And proceed at your own risk. I almost reset my phone (Nexus S with Jelly Bean) one day by accident, but that's as close as I've come (touch wood). And if you try it, good luck! Post your experience here.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/THRiVE-Tablets/Resetting-Thrive-to-Factory-when-Pin-is-unknown-lost-or/...

Occasional Contributor
navyduck

Just did that earlier today and it does seem to have helped a little, although I did it through settings then backup and reset. I can't tell you how many times I've tried this both ways since ICS came out, but originally it was to try to get the update. I ended up having to send it to the depot to get ICS installed and just got it back earlier this week. This does put it back to factory settings but does not roll back any updates to the OS.

After doing it today, it has settled down a bit but is anything but stable. It's acting about like it did when I got it back from the repair depot. Intermittent reboots, wifi not always coming up after reboot until it is forced and programs either hanging or closing on their own. Sometimes the programs pick up at the spot where they closed and sometimes they start from scratch again. The browser is working better, but not anything I would depend on.

My Thrive has gone from a useful but not entirely dependable tool, to a project. t may depend on hardware revisions as to how it acts. I'm hoping to see an update that may clear up at least some of the problems before I have to buy a replacement from another manufacturer.
Occasional Advisor
1shado1

russski1 wrote:
So why don't you tell us all on how to get Honeycomb back for free.

Because it isn't my place to foist all you "problem children" (grin) on the man without his permission.  I CAN steer you to the forum where he hangs out, though.  Your job to search or ask others once you are there.  Send me a private message, and I will provide a link.

kghoshal

Peter,
I have a Thrive AT100 but haven't seen any ICS upgrade/update notifications as of yet! How do I upgrade to ICS? When I do a "search for upgrade" it doesn't return any version upgrade opportunities.
Occasional Advisor
1shado1

kghoshal wrote:
Peter,
I have a Thrive AT100 but haven't seen any ICS upgrade/update notifications as of yet! How do I upgrade to ICS? When I do a "search for upgrade" it doesn't return any version upgrade opportunities.

What country are you in?

KonaDon

Aloha Peter,

Thanks for your post and all the replies...

I started out yesterday with OS 3.1, I then opened service station and found it to be outdated.  I forced service station to check for updates and found a newer OS and loaded it...got the update for service station so I forced check for updates again...long story short, after downloading and installing all subsequent OS updates I finally had ICS announced in my SS inbox as being available.  It loaded smoothly and is working gr8...again thx for a gr8 job.  Mahalo-n-aloha...KonaDon

Occasional Advisor
jw14211

your going to regret updating it.

J. W. CARTER
Occasional Contributor
dboss

dont update...it will make it run slow and crappy 

kghoshal

USA
setigo

Hello Peter
I do Have the Thrive 10 (32G + 4G) I been trying to get the update through Service Station and systems says no update available any idea of what's the problem
Thanks
Sergio

Peter wrote:

We are pleased to announce a new software update for your Thrive™ 10 tablet.  This release will provide performance enhancements to your device Toshiba encourages you download and install this update. 

Release 4.0.4 Highlights:

• Improved video and audio performance
  • Improved camera functions
  • Improved signal strength and connectivity

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:

• Tap on the update message sent by the Toshiba Service Station application to your device, or:
  • From the Home screen, tap on the “Apps” icon in the upper right corner.   Locate the “Service Station” icon and application.  Tap “Check for Updates” and follow the steps. 

Occasional Advisor
LaptopNube

Um, I have no keyboard issues on the HTC one x - methinks you are overselling the point. I ALSO have no issues with the thrive running HC 3.1 (except dolphin doesn't see the SD card, expecting a different mnt source, I get around it with fie manager).
FluxCobalt

I have the 16 GIG + 4G and I had read in earlier posts that there would not be any ICS update for this version because of AT&T issues.  I don’t know if that is true but I am happy with Honeycomb.  I did a data reset and my tablet runs much smoother.

Lucale

I have a Thrive 10" Model AT105, Part Number PDA01U-001LM2 and I can't update to ICS.

The servise Station show "No software Updates Avaulable"

Why?

Best REgards

Occasional Advisor
1shado1

Lucale wrote:

I have a Thrive 10" Model AT105, Part Number PDA01U-001LM2 and I can't update to ICS.

The servise Station show "No software Updates Avaulable"

Why?

Best REgards

What country are you located in?