Occasional Contributor
Parsival

Re: ICS Update for THRiVE 10"

Craz49er wrote:

Actually you can download the Nightly builds of firefox kind of like the beta of the beta... Some decent improvements but it is a tester. http://nightly.mozilla.org/

Its a tester but sometimes you get a diamond mixed in with lumps of coal.  Enjoy :smileywink:

Agreed. I am loving it with full flash support and add on support. I have it synced with my desktop for all the tabs and bookmarks I use regularly.  So far the nightly has been good (of course their are the odd problem release but they get fixed the following night :smileyhappy:  ).

krehak

How do I remove or change device definitions in IC5?   Krehak

rmohan

Update from my side: I sent the tablet to Toshiba service and they re-imaged the system with latest ICS. Problem with serial number also sorted out. They didn't charge for overnight shipping. Tablet is working fine, so far no issues.
Many thanks to Peter for helping me in sorting out this issue.

tradergeorge

It is important to mention that all previous updates must be installed before it will allow the ICS rom to be added. This is not cumulative and is done sequentially. I had been a little lax with one of my thrives and it took five efforts to finally get to the ICS upgrade. Sometimes it will reboot and say "no updates available". You must then hit "check for upgrades" and install them every time until you get to the last one. 

t_sandat8

First off yes I have my thrive rooted.

My system Image update is the feb 28, 2012 version is 3.2.1.31.5.0002

When I use service station the only update I see is the system update 3.2.1.31.5.0003.

I do not see the ICS update. Do I have to  do this other update first. Because this will undo the root on my device.

Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

t_sandat8 wrote:

First off yes I have my thrive rooted.

My system Image update is the feb 28, 2012 version is 3.2.1.31.5.0002

When I use service station the only update I see is the system update 3.2.1.31.5.0003.

I do not see the ICS update. Do I have to  do this other update first. Because this will undo the root on my device.

Actually if you're rooted you can't update via the service station anymore. And you can simply download the ICS rom and install it without 0003. Head over to the site in my signature and you should find it there.

-----------------------------------------
THRiVE Owner - ThriveForums.org
Sasquatch1413

Updated my Thrive to ICS a couple weeks ago.  Having a lot of issues.  Mostly with browsers and inability from my wife to visit a lot of the blogs she likes.  Mulitple crashes, pictures don't show up, tablet will freeze and you can't evven turn it off, etc.  Also, the touch doesn't work as well and programs freeze a lot.  Any way I can revert back to Honeycomb?  Is Toshiba planning on issunig a "fix" update to ICS?

Occasional Contributor
WillPittenger

I'm defintetly seeing the previously mentioned failure to wake up issue.  Doesn't happen all that often.  Maybe 2-3 times a week.

Will Pittenger
halmo

Still having issues I previously wrote about. But, with ICE I can use Chrome browser, which I am beginning to think is the best of the 7 browsers I have installed. Certainly the best for Facebook. Toshiba, when are you going to fix sleep issue in ICE? BTW, audio is definitely better in ICE - my wife noticed it across the room.
Occasional Contributor
charmane

I am having problems with my tab now since i started updating this new software. My browser's acting real crazy. It doesn't let me type something and it happens often. I thought it would be fine but its on the 3rd day now. Forced close too often.its so annoying. When I am in facebook and i click the home button, it shows up in the facebook app window and I don't like using that app. I like using the browser.
Occasional Contributor
charmane

After I downloaded the ICS, my tab became less responsive in typing, it crashes more often. I've been waiting thought its because its updating something thats why its happening but its on the 3rd day already. When I'm on browser, specifically, facebook and hit the home button it shows up the mobile or app screen. its really acting weird. I have problems sending messages.the keyboard shows up then disappear then not typing something..im trying to be patient and hoping they could fix this. Im happy they did some upgrades but if it affects something working inefficiently, its not making people happy anymore.
SlySelea

Since I updated, I'm having the exact same problems as Charmane above.  Force closes browser often, won't bring up keyboard to type anything when I touch on a menu box for data entry, or if keyboard does appear it dissapears just as fast.  I had to use my laptop to enter this.  Very frustrating, oh, and wth?

Occasional Contributor
charmane

Slyselea, I'm still being patient and hoping they could fix this issue but I wish not too long.
riataman

Yep.  Having the same problems as everyone else after ICS 4.0 update.  Keyboard is not sensitive like it use to be, cannot copy files because the darn thing crashes.....as a matter of fact I now call my Toshiba Thrive - Sir Crashalot.  You have to do a hard reset to get the thing turned off.

I used my Tablet for IT work, but now it is at home doing nothing.  HEY TOSHBA !!!  Lets get a fix out for this.

Occasional Contributor
charmane

Oh no. I don't wanna do a reset.
piloufly

impossible ICS Update for THRiVE 10"

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I've the tochiba at100 with android 3.2.1.35.5.004 and i'd like to upgrade to android 4 but à this time the "Service Station" don't propose to me the upgrade ?? 

Could you help me

Thanks

Olivier

paddlesport

Noobie here and tech nonsavvy.  I bought my Thrive specifically because of the upcoming upgrade to ICS. I am unable to get any upgrades via Service Station.  When I check for updates it tells me there are none available.  I love my Thrive but I am ready to just buy a new Asus or Samsung just so I will have 4.0!  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

I'm facing similar issues :

-browser crashes and sometimes resets the os
-games are extreamly sluggish
-live wallpaper cashes the system
-speaker makes clicking sound
-wifi signal not as strong as it used to be
-touch sencitivity not like it used to be
-from sleep the system is very sluggish

If the above are rectified, ill be a happy camper once again.
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
Occasional Contributor
russski

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a msg that I don't have the right adobe flash pgm when I have the latest one?
Regular Contributor
gberpa

Peter:

Please consider posting a survey on:

1)who has updated to ICE via OTA, 2) those who updated and have no problems, 3) those who have updated and have minor problems (eg some incompatibility of apps that need to be reloaded/updated), 4) those who updated and have major problems (eg, browser crashes, SOD, WIFI connect problems), 5) those who are still running HC 3.1 or 3.2 due to issues noted.

This input would be valuable to Toshiba in considering what if any support to provide and what might be done for other rollouts of ICS updates.