tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

Howto bluetooth? All I get is "paired but not connected." Tried multiple devices already.

I've tried using the Motorola H730 headset, the tablet finds it and it pairs OK with it (it never asks for a code) but then it just says "paired but not connected."  The only options are to Rename or to unpair.  There's nothing under "profile."

The same thing happened when I tried to connect the tablet to my Samsung Eternity phone to browse its files. This time it did ask me for a passcode which I set on the phone but at the end it also says "paired but not connected."

What am I missing?  I can use these devices with other computers and phones.

Specs: Thrive AT105 (PDA01U-00201F)

-build HMJ37.01.5.0022)

-kernel 2.6.36.3-00018-gfe4777a

scream8187

Re: Howto bluetooth? All I get is "paired but not connected." Tried multiple devices alre

I have a similar problem...I tried to sync via Bluetooth to my HTC thunderbolt and get the same exact message.
tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

Re: Howto bluetooth? All I get is "paired but not connected." Tried multiple devices alre

I just tried a third device (recent laptop running ubuntu 10.10) and still have the same problem.  Bluetooth paired but not connected and no other options but to rename or unpair.  I've tried initiating the pairing from both ends and no luck.

monteolsen1

I wonder if this related to the Thrive using BT 3.0? I wish I had suggestions for you.
sharonelli

I have the same issue, but I was still able to transfer over a hundred files to my Thrive from my computer. I just had to accept them on the Thrive - with the tablet marked as discoverable, of course.
tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

Unfortunately on my tests none of the features worked. No headset audio recording nor playback and couldn't push files from the phone or laptop either. No services are announced by the tablet. When I try to discover the services or send files to the, the other device just times out saying it didn't get a response.
JoeFuze

I'm having the same issue. I have two samsung headsets and both pair but won't connect. Frustrating..... 

jlapointe

I have used a Logitech MX5500 keyboard and mouse via bluetooth usb.

I have also connected a Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo bluetooth headset successfully.

I am running Android Version 3.1.01.5.0023

corellia40

I have this problem as well. I have tried a BlueAnt Q1 and my Samsung Galaxy S phone. I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know where else to look.
Occasional Advisor
tz

Stereo uses the A2DP profile - which i use to connect to my reciever/amp and works fine.

The HSP (headset profile) is monophonic, but has both mic and headphone.

Toshiba should add support for this or otherwise fix it.  It might not be a phone, but I'd like to use it for video chat.  I have a pending question on a wired external microphone - I haven't been able to get those to work either.

tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

[ Edited ]

I finally found a headset that would work I got the Samsung Modus 3500 ($4 after rebate) and it works ok.  My other much nicer Motorola headset still not usable, nor my phone nor my laptop.

Anyway, in case you are looking for a bluetooth headset with microphone that works with the thrive, try the Samsung Modus 3500

*** EDIT 2011.08.03 ***  Turns out that the tablet (I don't know if it is Thrive specific or Android Honeycomb in general) doesn't pick up the microphone from this device. I can hear fine on the headphone but can't use the microphone.

Occasional Advisor
tz

The Modus supports A2DP - does the microphone work?

Headset (mic and mono earphone) is not just for phones.  Toshiba should add this.

tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

OMG!!! You are right!  I can only listen through the Samsung Modus but it doesn't pick up the microphone!  What the hell!?!?!  Unbelievable

PJW
PJW

Pretty much the same issues as others...just adding to the list. Motorola H730, HTC Thunderbolt, HP Pavilion dv8 running Windows 7 - 64 bit, and Pioneer Avic Z2, all paired but not connected.
Prasenjit

count me ... I am suffering too with my Sienhiser headset not working... Any luck to get this issue resolved?

Occasional Contributor
Supaiku

[ Edited ]

EDIT:

Apparently there was something funky going on. I typed a post before - I swear. Anyhow:

I've got a Samsung HM3500 aswell.

To get them to connect I go into the bluetooth options and click on (touch) the place where it says "paired but not connected." Paired, I guess, means they remember eachother - but Ihad to touch that to get them to connect (it immediately said "connecting", and quickly connected.)

I also have the mic problem. I tried getting the headset to turn on and off it's mic, as it says in the manual (it says you can do so my holding the volume button - which is weird, because the volume button has other functions when hels aswell. It further says that when the mic is muted, the headphones beep at regular intervals - it must be an in-call feature only.) It seems that the problem is NOT that the mic is muted headset side, but that the Thrive isn't recognizin'!

Right now they're just wireless headphones - which is the minimum I was looking for - but it'd be great to be able to use the microphone they have.

I do have a nice pair of 4pin 3.5" "iPhone compatible" headphones that I can use with the mic to make skype calls etc.- but it's not wireless!

f1fan

I use the Motorola S9 headphones...they paired up and connected staightaway with no issues.

tec
Occasional Contributor
tec

the problem really is the microphone. Is your device a headset with microphone? does it work?

Occasional Contributor
Bollingg

Tried that several times.  Doesn't work.

Rogue_Blade

I have the same problem with a Xema Bluetooth keyboard!