Tanat11

How to upload photos from camera

I just bought a Thrive and I'm having problems uploading photos from my new Sony camera. My Thrive isn't recognizing the camera or the cameras sd card. Any advice??
Regular Advisor
austeregrim

Re: How to upload photos from camera

Have you tried using the file browser on the thrive?

Explain how you're trying to see these files... because if you're trying to use the gallary app, I don't think it will natively attempt to enumerate the files on the external card.

or are you trying to conenct the camera via usb?

If so, the camera may require drivers for a connection, this requires a PC, if this is the case. And can not conenct to the thrive. 

Can you take the SD card out of the camera, and plug it into the thrive? and copy the files to the thrive that way?

thirdly; what is the file system on the SD card, as the thrive is limited on the types of filesystems that it can read. Notably ex-FAT is not readable? (someone correct me here, I forget what filesystems aren't readable on the thrive.)

- Signature Starts Now -
I don't work for Toshiba, so please consider my advice Free; like Open Source.
*OH HAIZ! I rooted teh Thrives*
- End Signature -
Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

The THRiVE will recognize, read/write FAT32 and exFAT.  Currently there is no native support for NTFS (though rumor abound that this will be forthcoming in a future update).

austeregrim wrote:

thirdly; what is the file system on the SD card, as the thrive is limited on the types of filesystems that it can read. Notably ex-FAT is not readable? (someone correct me here, I forget what filesystems aren't readable on the thrive.)

Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

If you camera can be seen via standard USB in your PC as a USB Drive, the THRiVE should be able to mount your camera as a USB Drive.  If your camera requires special drivers for your PC to see it, more than likely there are no supporting Android drivers.

If the camera card is a full sized SD card and is formatted in FAT32 or exFAT, the THRiVE should be able to read the card when it is inserted and "mounted".  A couple of things you may need to do for this to happen.  If there is an SD Card in the THRiVE, select the SD Card icon in the notification area and unmount it.  After it is unmounted, you should be able to insert your camera's card and (it may take a few minutes while the system reads the files and builds a database on the content) the THRiVE should show the contents in File Manager.  If this doesn't happen, you can try to reboot the THRiVE with the card still inserted.

Others that have had issues with the THRiVE recognizing SD cards have had success if they use the PC to "name" the card.