Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Re: How do we upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?

[ Edited ]
ATT: Jim the Administrator

On October 19th 2011 you stated that you were going to release good news soon.

Its now February 19th 2012, what's the hold up? I can't wait any longer!
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
KSolomon

Toshiba Admin,

I'm also interested in the upgrade to Android 4.0.  Please provide the Thrive owners with an estimated release date for Ice Cream Sandwich.  

Thank you,

-K

nelsonve

Just hear today (Feb. 20th 2012) that Acer is pushing out ICS for their Ionia  A200Tablet, The 7" A100 and the 10" A500 Tablets will get their updates around April.

This is good news for the Acer community but does little for those of us who are left salivating at what other manufacturers have already begun to provide for their customers.

On the bright side Toshiba was also late with the 3.2 release, when compared to the rest of the industry so we will have to wait, perhaps we might see it in July or August time frame.

Occasional Builder
reverted

It could be longer than that. The xoom 2 isn't supposed to be upgraded until q3 of this year, which is a long time for a tablet that's now owned by Google.
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

A few minutes ago on Twitter, @ToshibaUSA tweeted...

"We are targeting the end of Spring for ICS availability on the Thrive 10-inch."

That's the latest.

Jim

Occasional Contributor
coachcampana

Thanks for passing that along Jim. Not all of us follow anything on twitter!

i2jeanie

Can we expect to see the ability to save apps to the SD card on the Toshiba Thrive with the ICS upgrade?

imanuelaa

wait worth waiting for!

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the info Jim !

I am seriously looking forward to the new ICS OS and am hoping it fixes the following problems I have been facing on my unrooted THRiVE:

-Random reboots
-Random wake from sleep mode
-Cannot save APPS to SD
-No screenshot/print screen capability
-Only 3GB free memory for apps
-Horrible sound out-put 
-PC and MAC unable to recognize THRiVE
-Massive lag on keyboard
-Unable to delete pre installed apps
-Notification LED's blinking randomly

Anyways . . . I am currently not even seeing an update for 3.2 on my Service Station . . . I hope I will be able to see ICS when it is available.

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
UnicornLady

[ Edited ]

Word is that Toshiba will be releasing an update to ICS for the Thrive late in the spring . See this page for additional information:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19766/toshiba_thrive_ice_cream_sandwich

Since I'm a newbie when it comes to the Android OS, I'm going to be patient and wait for the upgrade.

Occasional Contributor
twenytree

[ Edited ]
messege to toshiba about Android 4.0 when you do release it please DO NOT have kaspersky preinstalled no pre installed apps xcept maybe the book place and thats it edit and please include a fantastic futuristic digital clock that has weather
Occasional Advisor
epags

dash:  you said:   "I am currently not even seeing an update for 3.2 on my Service Station . . . I hope I will be able to see ICS when it is available."

Are you saying you are not updated to version 3.2?  If not: 1.  are you here in the USA?  If so, did you buy your Thrive from WOOT?  If  so go to the other forum and get the update (non-rooted version) that will allow you to get version 3.2 because until you do, you will not be able to update to ICS

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Epags, thanks for the info.

I purchased this tablet from best buy, but am currently living overseas.

I sent Jim an email and he told me that regardless of the region I am in the service station will show the latest updates.

Is this not true?

P.S: sorry for lashing out in my post on the other thread, I am just frustrated with this hardware.
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
Occasional Builder
reverted

There are other ways to upgrade if the update isn't showing up. Try sending a message to dalepi.
oozzzii

This is AWESOME, NOT!!! The 2/28/12 update broke my thrive..won't boot now. I'm sure support's fix will be to wipe clean :smileysad:

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

All I see is one update for 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011.

No other system image updates are available on my service station.

Do updates have to be done incrementally, or will I be able to see ICS on my. 0032 image?

Need help.
-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

-dash-,

To clarify for the benefit of others, what I said is that "Yes, Toshiba Service Station OTA updates published by Toshiba in the US for your [US purchased] THRiVE will be delivered anywhere in the world over the Internet."

This is based on info you provided that your tablet was purchased in the US. 

So the key point is that updates for US-purchased Thrive tablets are available to those tablets from any physical location. Updates for US-purchased Thrive tablets will not be available for tablets purchased in other regions (even if they are physically located in the US.) 

Jim

Rodster

-dash-

My 16gb Thrive (stock,purchased in the US)is also only showing the one update: HC 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011.  I haven't received any other since this one dated Oct 2011.  My THRiVE is encrypted and nobody has given me a satisfactory answer as to why the update won't go ahead, but gives the message: 'An error has occurred copying the system image file'. There MUST be a better way than the, often suggested, factory reset??!!

Hope I can get the ICS(when it finally arrives) and bypass 3.1.31.5.0011.

Occasional Advisor
epags

Rodster, you said: " My 16gb Thrive (stock,purchased in the US)is also only showing the one update: HC 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011.  I haven't received any other since this one dated Oct 2011.  My THRiVE is encrypted and nobody has given me a satisfactory answer as to why the update won't go ahead, but gives the message: 'An error has occurred copying the system image file'. There MUST be a better way than the, often suggested, factory reset??!!"

Go here for your answer: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/THRiVE-Tablets/How-do-I-encrypt-my-thrive/td-p/219604

Occasional Advisor
-dash-

Jim, 

If thats the case why am i not seeing any upadtes other than 3.1.01.5.0032 to 3.1.31.5.0011?

-dash-

Toshiba THRiVE 8GB Owner
Toshiba Satellite Owner