wastedontheway

How can I REinstall the 4.0.4 update to my 10"ThriveAT105

Maybe  I can fix my 10"Thrive AT105  by reinstalling the 4.0.4.   Maybe the initial install to my unit was corrupted...I'm getting worried here that I may be stuck with a new fancy paperweight.    If you know how to force a "reinstall" of the ICS (ver 4.0.4)  please let me know.   Thank you to anyone for your expertise. 

Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

Re: How can I REinstall the 4.0.4 update to my 10"ThriveAT105

[ Edited ]

Are you able to get into settings?

Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset

You'll lose any files and apps but it should do a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS. At that point all you need do is log back in to your google account and re-download your apps.

The good thing is any Apps you've downloaded/purchased from the Google Play Market and Amazon market are still yours, and you wont have to buy them again. I've even found it a useful experience from time to time just to remove old clutter I'm no longer using.

-----------------------------------------
THRiVE Owner - ThriveForums.org
wastedontheway

Hi,

Did exactly as you stated...I'm still stuck with 4.0.4  and the problems remain.  Was not a good solution.

Let me know when Toshiba comes out with the Thrive/Excite with the Microsoft software and Intel processor...until then I'll just keep waiting for the perfect machine.  Thanks,  wasted on the way.

Occasional Contributor
morr22066

Your download may have been interrupted and you may have gotten a corrupt file. Have you done a google search for "other" "thrive forums" like "thrive.forums.org" and a few others where you may find instructions on how to flash a new I.C.S. image onto your device?