wmkeeley

Help!!! Thrive frozen on start up screen.

Hello can anyone help. Thrive has been fine. Turned off yesterday after use. Now went to turn on and is froze on startup.How can i fix this. i tried removing battery and that didnt work!!!!!!!

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Re: Help!!! Thrive frozen on start up screen.

What ROM build are you on?  Is the device charged up?  If all is fine and it will not boot, you may need to go into recovery and do a factory reset on it to clear the issue.  Depending on the ROM build, if the factory reset does not work, you may have to send it to Toshiba or if you can, return it for a new device.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
wmkeeley

not sure what rom is on. its stuck on the screen with the display lights blinking

Super Advisor
brad

try pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time.  Kepp holding until the Thrive shuts off, then power up.

wmkeeley

Ok did that.after it turns back on the thrive screen pops up then goes to lighting display like its loading but just stays on the loading screen

Skipcap

Just started having the same problem tonight. Tried power up and down several times, no luck. Tried removing the battery and then rebooting, no luck. Anyone have any ideas other than that? Bought it on QVC, they don't offer it anymore (That sorta stinks) and I'd have to deal with Square Trade for the warranty. Dealt with them before and they are good, just rather have a working unit.

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Try going into recovery and doing a factory reset.  If that does not fix the issue, then you will need to reflash it.  For that, you will need to send it to Toshiba or go to ThriveForums.org and let us try and help you out.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
Skipcap

Dalepi, thanks very much for the info. When your messge came in I was actually on the phone with Toshiba doing that very thing. They also strongly suggested not upgrading to 3.2 Honeycomb. I hadn't done that yet.

Thanks again.

ronametung

I Have the same problem... after toshiba leading innovation appears.. the galaxy shows up forever... tried clearing the cache.. factory reset.. still no hope... btw i have upgraded to ICS from the service station... i tried connecting it to my PC.. it recognizes my thrive but can't access any file at all.. it just says AT100 from my computer...

oh please help... thanks in advance...

Enderta

I do have the same problem, the screen froze on the startup and any tapping of the screen wouldn't unlock the screen. I tried to reboot, didn't work. I even factory reset but still couldn't tap in to the "start" on the screen. Can somebody help please?