kb0ork

Fix for Icecream Sandwich update????

Does anyone know if Toshiba is going to fix the problems caused by the ICS update they issed for the Thrive? I cannot get any answers or help from Toshiba. Browser crashes, tablet crashes, slow, keyboard problems on my Thrive after ICS update. This will be my last Toshiba product. No customer support.

PvtSnafu

Re: Fix for Icecream Sandwich update????

[ Edited ]

Everyone I've asked(best buy, radio shack, xda) says no, I imagine if they were, they would tell us. Since these problems have been going on for so long. It is apparent they just don't care, they got their money. A couple phone calls to google, and I bet that the issue can be solved in a few days. 

I like many other have asked and posted on this forum, and their have not been any real answers aside from "factory reset". Which doesn't actually reset it to the stable Honeycomb, and can cause you to lose all your data or worse corrupt the OS as some have mentioned. 

Peter

I don't know why retailers would say anything about Toshiba's plans, because they definitely don't know.

The factory reset can't reset it to Honeycomb. It resets the software, but doesn't change the firmware. This is just like how formatting a computer doesn't alter the BIOS.

If a factory reset doesn't fix an issue, then you should contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
psg420

I spoke to tech support today and their only recommendation was to reset tablet back to factory setting. As you stated, that will erase Apps, Data and Settings, but will not fix the os problems...

Antoniojose

I have the same problem: After updating The browser keeps crashing every time I use it.This didn't hapen never before. I hope they issued an answer for this big problem. Meanwhile I have to use Chrome eto avoid this interruptions
Occasional Contributor
dboss

I am having problems with the new update too. Are they or do they know there is a problem with it. It sometime freezes and have to hold power button down to restart. Browser closes all the time..
Regular Contributor
Android101

Or maybe sice you work at Toshiba you should send an update our way for our crappy software!!!!

Android101
Regular Contributor
Android101

I was talking to Peter, NOT "dboss"

Android101
Regular Contributor
Android101

I have a problem to. My service station won't work!!!! It won't open. Gas I hate this thing!!!
Android101
fmertes

For months everyone has posted the problems with pics and the thrive.  This is the only device I know of that has the problems.  I own two other devices that run pics, but my wife's thrive is the only one with issues, and I am **bleep** sorry I ever updated this piece of #$%& to ICS.  Before ICS I thought it was a great tablet, but with Toshiba's lack of support, and yes Peter, you only make excuses!!!!!!

If Toshiba even remotely cared about their customer's, one would think they would have come out with a bug fix, a release note on an upgrade, or at least let us go back to honeycomb. 

Guess my wife will be getting her wishes for christmas------ a new I Pad since this paperweight, boat anchor can go where it needs.

Occasional Contributor
Schatzie

I thoroughly agree!  ICS ruined my Thrive.  Nothing but crashes, freezing, etc.  I will keep my Thrive because it is just barely functional, but I am buying an ipad mini!

Leoborg

This why I for the first time in my life Delayed EVERTHING NEW ON ANDROID INDEFINITE, progs maybe, but OS? No, I've learned from asus case (deliberately low letters out of disrespect) that *diots simply hate customers, and don't give good god **bleep**
Leoborg

I thought that there was a reason for thrive to be the last to get updated, and furthermore that even than it waas rushed, which was true to the letter. Toshiba - Hardware, NOT SOFTWARE, simply not their good side. I bought Thrive since as you know has greatest standardization on the market, like no other, even SD cards...
Leoborg

i bought Transformer Prime, Thrive, Xoom 2, respectively, XooM is the fastest no doubt, but lacks connectivity, a pure video machine, Thrive I am keeping and Prime flew over the room more times than I care to remember, so Thrive I keep.