LostinGJ

Re: Features we want added to the THRiVE

Actually is this a good place to ask if there is any way to get our Thrives to connect to Cisco VPN's? I would love it. Suggestions maybe?????? Thanks

LostinGJ

If someone could exxplain the pitfalls of Rooting the device I would appreciate. I understand if I root it I can use AnyConnect but I'd rather not unless it is totally safe. Thanks a bunch

shorero

1. Hulu or Netflix 2. Extended life battery
Occasional Contributor
LTThrives

If someone could exxplain the pitfalls of Rooting the device I would appreciate. I understand if I root it I can use AnyConnect but I'd rather not unless it is totally safe. Thanks a bunch The main pitfall of rooting is most likely that the warranty is voided, unsure if the Toshiba has that clause or not, cell phones typically do. I personally considered rooting my Thrive but ultimately decided not to, for a few reasons. First and foremost, there's a certain amount of trust that I am not comfortable giving to a new OS from an unknown source, it introduces potential risk for malware, identity theft, etc. Not that all rom developers are malicious, just paranoia on my part. Second, experience with cell phones has taught me that the roms can be buggy, the Thrive is fairly stable, I want to keep it that way. My phone currently cannot get picture messages...have to wait for the rom author to fix it. Other risks include the potential for bricking the Thrive, if you know what you are doing most likely not an issue, but if not, and it does get bricked (essentially won't boot up) you may be able to find help on the net but the situation plays back into the warranty possibly being voided. Hopefully this helps. --LT
Slava_Ы

I want my device to be connected to other devices, so my request list is:

1) WiFi Direct

2) USB Flesh drive mode (all other tablets/phones has it)

3) Support of large range of of USB drive file systems. 

Occasional Contributor
whitewolf359

USB flesh drive ? Now that's a disturbing but funny request. LMAO
cantanapoli

Netflix, of course.

It appears that it can be done with a rooted Thrive. I have seen it on youtube.

It requires to patch one of the system files.

How come the experts at toshiba cannot figure this out? 

Occasional Contributor
whitewolf359

How come the experts at toshiba cannot figure this out? Because I'm sure its not legal for Toshiba or any manufacture to just make it work by modifying Netflix software. I waited a while for the netflix to be able to run on my EVO and I'm sure I will have to wait a while for this too. Also while netflix wasn't available on my EVO both Sprint and Netflix didn't have much to say about the progress until the software was ready. Relax and don't stress over it.
LostinGJ

Thank you very much LT. That helps alot!
karld

I like this list.  Especially the idea of a stand integrated into the cover. I'm going to make my own.

Occasional Advisor
tz

An official CAR charger would be nice, but I just got one for the HP Mini 1151 (30W 19v, slightly longer plug, but it fits). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J1A1IC - in white but there's one in black.
Occasional Contributor
Gregger35

A camera flash Battery percent indicated in the bottom right I agree with the added video playback formats. If only apple would play with others I could watch my digital copies lol. And I would like to know why the text is laggy.
ehmmooore

I too would like Netflick added to the Thrive as well as many other Apps that are not available: QVC, ABC, and HBO GO to name a few.  I would also like the Apps that we do get to be large enough to fit the screen; too many are the size that fit the telephone to which they were originally assigned and for my eyes, I am tired of squinting.   I almost  feel the need to go buy the I Pad 2 in order to get what I am interested in viewing.

Occasional Contributor
randasil

Occasional Advisor
jaded

Maybe it was hit on above but I'll use the acronyms .... msc support in addition to mtp support.
radiohammer

Would liked it to have a Mic Input.

PrintShare would have been nice to scan the local Network for Printer on the Network.

Occasional Contributor
Supaiku

edellow wrote:

What I would like is a GPS that actually works.

There's a GPS fix you can find at http://www.thriveforums.org

But it'd be nice if Toshiba had it down in the first place...

Occasional Contributor
Supaiku

cantanapoli wrote:

Netflix, of course.

It appears that it can be done with a rooted Thrive. I have seen it on youtube.

It requires to patch one of the system files.

How come the experts at toshiba cannot figure this out? 

It probably has more to do with licensing.

Occasional Contributor
Supaiku

The headphone jack seems to be 4-pin (by that I mean, stereo+mic input), like an iPhone. It should be just a matter of getting compatible headphones, or an adapter (both of which I bought today, but don't wanna test until i finish copying some files - no SDXC reader at the store:smileysad: )

Occasional Contributor
Lisandro

I would like the Samsung Mini Apps (as said before), I think the use of two apps at the same time such as Windows 8 is trying (but correctly done in Android), would be great! I hope that Samsung Mini Apps would become standard in Android (maybe 4.0?) and Windows 8's two apps in the screen, too.