BigJim60

Connecting to WiFi

I recently purchased a Thrive tablet and am having difficulty connecting to my WiFi. I have a wireless N router and we have two laptops that regularly connect with no problem. When I try to connect the Thrive, it goves me the message "Obtaining IP address" but never connects. I have tried resetting the router but that did not help. I took the Thrive to work with me and it connected to the WiFi network there no problem. ANy ideas?

cook

Re: Connecting to WiFi

Your problem is not the toshiba, but an underpowered wireless router. Download "Wifi analyzer" from the market and measure the signal strength through your wireless zone. I had the same thing with a Linksys router and I installed a third party firmware tht enables you near complete control of the router. One feature alows you to increase the radio's transmission strength. In my case, that's all it took. Before I did this, the signal caused the wifi connection to slip in and out of reception. After boosting the router signal, I've had a steady and stable connection.
ghivi01

Re: Connecting to WiFi

I had a similar problem and the solution so far was to configure the router as b/g router only. For some reason the n-router configuration was the problem I am still researching and trying to understand why but at least it is now working super fast. Hope it helps