crs012005

Computer not recognizing tablet

I am trying to connect my tablet to my computer, but the computer will not recognize that the tablet is connected by the USB cord. I have tried on a PC and a Mac, and I even tried a friends cord (his works) and that didn't work either. I have completed all the windows updates, and thrive updates.

Any ideas????

Occasional Advisor
Craz49er

Re: Computer not recognizing tablet

before attempting anything else, what operating system are you running on your PC? 

If you're running Vista / Windows 7 just type "Device Manager" into the search menu under the Start button (lower left) and it will bring up a list of hardware you have on the PC.

If Windows XP, you'll need to right click on your My Computer icon > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager

At this point Power On the tablet, and if you plug in the THRiVE it should show up as "other hardware" or "portable devices" ... usualy followed by "AT100"

This means the PC can see the device, and it should show up under its own Drive letter in the My Computer.

-----------------------------------------
THRiVE Owner - ThriveForums.org
rcurrent

I think I recall going through this myself some months ago.  As I remember it would not recognize mine until I had the SD Card in place with files on it.  I could be wrong, of course.  I had the same thing happen with my Droid phone.

Occasional Advisor
epags

You didn't specify which UBS drive you connected to (on the Thrive).  Be sure to use the mini UBS plug on the Thrive.  The full sized ubs if for flash drives.

crs012005

I am using Windows XP....I will try looking in hardware manager....but I have already looked in "My Computer" and it does not show up as a new drive.

Also, I am using the USB cord that came with the Thrive, and yes, I am using the mini plug.

I actually tried it at my work computer, and that computer will recognize it (same operating system) but I can not get my home laptop to recognize the thrive, which is the one I need....

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Do aGoogle search for Windows XP MTP drivers.  Download and install them.  You are supposed to get them if you have the latest Media Player installed, but some people have had issues even with having the latest Media Player installed.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
finddabeach

I've read this forum and have downloaded latest drivers to my Vista system. The cord my Thrive came with is the usb/large connector to the bottom of the thrive, I do not have a mini usb cord. My computer does not recognize the Thrive in My Computer or in device manager...

Peter

That connector is for charging and not data transfer. You can't connect it like that.

- Peter