Occasional Advisor
jw14211

CAN'T EVEN SELL IT

Since realizing that my Thrive may not be fixed, I've tried to sell it.
This has been almost a month now, and at 250 dollars, one would think it would sell, but oh no.

I can't picture myself selling it for less, THE THING WON'T EVEN PLAY SIMPLE GAMES without hanging and/or crashing.

I've tried everything to solve this problem, except rooting it, I'm not that tech savey.
So basically, right now, it's collecting dust.
Surfing the web is an adventure.

I've also choose not to buy the Excite 13, it's too high of a risk to pay so much money on a device that is backed by a company, that well,,,,I just won't buy it that's all.
I am NOT going to say anything bad about Toshiba, because for some reason, I think they are actually working on the problems.

J. W. CARTER
Occasional Advisor
jw14211

Re: CAN'T EVEN SELL IT

I reduced the price to $175, and it still won't sell, somebody offered $50, if I threw in earphones, case, and an extra battery. LOL
I hope Toshiba fixes the Thrive with an update or something, but alas, it looks like they won't, it is what it is people.

J. W. CARTER
Occasional Advisor
bigredgonzo

Re: CAN'T EVEN SELL IT

The problem I see with your logic here is that the vast majority of Thrives work great.  When all but a few work properly, then the chances of an update fixing those few that aren't working is slim.  I don't remember my Thrive ever crashing or freezing.  I haven't had to deal with Toshiba Tech Support, but I hear wonderful stories and horror stories.  Most of the horror stories were outside the US, but some were not.  Have you tried to get Tech Support to help you out with your problem.  It was an expensive piece of tech when new, I would think badgering Toshiba until they made it right would be worth the effort.

BigRedGonzo