georgfly

uninstall kaspersky

just curious: did anybody manage to uninstall the preinstalled kaspersky trial? i cannot force-quit or uninstall it...

thanks for any advice!

hleumas

Re: uninstall kaspersky

The pre-installed (baked in) apps usually can't be uninstalled. I find it odd that I can't even remove the "Register" app, which is really just a bookmark/link to the Toshiba registration site and would only be used once.

georgfly

i see. it's just funny that i see it in my 'quick settings' app as active foreground process, and i'm unable to force-stop it in android's application manager... just wondering if it consumes resources. anyway, at least kaspersky lets me switch off real-time protection.

hookmeup

This Is My Issue ,Why Can We Pay So Much for this tablets but we are force to keeps all the apps we don`t want and if we rooted we looose the warranty .I am using it now but when the trial finishes then what . Can some one help us on this :smileysad:

monteolsen1

I thought I would try the Kaspersky trial and can't get it to work. I'd like to dump it, too. Toshiba really should allow getting rid of this bloatware.
Regular Contributor
kwek_kwek_69

i agree...

Occasional Builder
DeeDawg

It's not bloatware its malware. I can't even get it to stop scanning my system.
kerrysnow

I'm a big fan of the Thrive, but Toshiba is wrong to force this software on purchasers of their products.  Once it's activated, you have it for life.  If you don't pay the fee (and there are better antivirus apps on the market, many for no charge), you'll get daily alerts.  The only solution, reportedly, is to root the device and freeze the app.  I'm sure the Toshiba tech support people will tell you that this will void your warranty and that rooting the device is a dangerous procedure.  I can live with the other crap that Toshiba forces users to live with (including the awful games), but Kaspersky software is a constant annoyance.

If Toshiba is a respectable enterprise, they'll push a software upgrade that allows individuals who purchase their products to uninstall Kaspersky (and other junk-ware).  Current owners should do their best to alert prospective buyers to this problem.

oemtech

I just went thru this... What a PITA that you can't un-install. But, I was able to "DISABLE" it via the Menu. That removes all the ICONS and such.

Occasional Contributor
twenytree

did you click kaspersky an activate it as soon as you got the tablet or is it just activated when turning on the tablet first time ?
Occasional Builder
reverted

You have to activate it yourself. I never have and I haven't had to deal with any pop ups from it. That's the best thing to do, just remove the shortcut from the home screen and forget about it.
greenorange

Superb! Typically I by no means read entire articles however the way you wrote this information and facts is just remarkable and this kept my interest in reading and I enjoyed it.

BillU

You can't uninstall unless you root your machine. This is why I want the upgrade to ice cream sandwich, it will allow you to uninstall this bloatware.