monteolsen1

How to get default browser to appear as desktop browser?

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows how to change settings in the default browser so it appears as a desktop browser? This option is available on other devices but not on the Thrive unless I missed something. Don't like the mobile web sites. Thanks for any suggestions.
Misk

Re: How to get default browser to appear as desktop browser?

Type about:debug into your address bar. Then click on the 3 line icon in the very top right corner of the screen and select settings>debug>UAstring>Desktop. Hope that helps.
gjtrain

After clicking on the 4 lines icon and selecting Settings, I don't get the debug option. Any ideas?
Kevin5

Thanks Misk, worked for me, just a note, when you type "about:debug" you must press enter it will look like nothing happen then goto settings>debug>UAstring>Desktop

Occasional Contributor
hitokiri

you can also download dolphin browser hd

it has more options and even a toggle for desktop mode and mobile mode. You can easily change it on the fly

Regular Advisor
charlesd45

I use msn explorer on my laptop.What I did was touch browser,touch tab top right to go to settings and you will see screen set home page.After opening that up I pasted the web address for my browser there  and saved it.

Occasional Contributor
ElleS

Thank you SO much for this debug info!!!! It's been driving me crazy that so many sites were coming up as mobile. I wonder why they don't set the default as desktop.