clsnwbrdr616

Calendar app crashing when adding any event with repeat

On my thrive when I'm using the calendar app (the default android one) I can add one-time events just fine. However, when i try to add an event and select any repeat options (like weekly, monthly, etc), when I click "done" the app disappears (crashes). Strange though there is no force close message or anything. When I open the calendar again, I can confirm the repeat event was never added. I even tried a downloaded calendar app and while it did not crash it would still not enter any events with repeats. The "add event" dialogue just disappears and the event never appears on the calendar. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
jlapointe

Re: Calendar app crashing when adding any event with repeat

I just tried to add an event with a weekly occurance and had similar results.

Running Android versio 3.1.01.5.0023

Occasional Advisor
19ertim

same here

kashar

It seems to be a problem with more than just the stock calendar I have tried a few alternatives and they all crash. Odd issue I hope they fix the issue eventualy.
Occasional Contributor
stevendr

This has apparently been addressed , I have version .032, the latest, at least in the US, and I put in a weekly meeting last week with no issues.
Occasional Contributor
DJ99

I am in Canada using the latest update here and have the same issue with reoccurring events. I found that I have to add the event as a one time event and then go back and edit it to reoccurring.
Ahroo

Also on latest update, also having calendar crash issue for recurring events. I, too, have to first create event as one time only, save it, and then go back to edit it as recurring. Not the end of the world, but certainly annoying to have to spend so much time for something that should work right the first time. On the other hand, I'm just thrilled to have my calendar working since it didn't right out of the box.
radiohammer

I have the same version .0032 and crashes here. Single events OK until I add recurring. I will first try and add single the after I save change to recurring and see what happens.

-Marty

gtrusler43

Having same problem. Tried various work around. Best success so far has been to just add event, enter and then return to event and edit it with new settings. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It just is a weird calendar. Wished it worked like the I pad.
tmmillard

I'm having same issue

Have brand new Thrive with 3.1 android. Build number HMj37.31.5.0011

I can't enter any kind of repeating event, new or edited one time event. When I go to make it repeating, the app closes and reopens. The changes are not saved.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks, Tim

radiohammer

The only way I got mine to work is first enter a Calendar event then save (this works), then edit for repeating event. I really hadn't tried that this yet.

tmmillard

Mine will not let me add repeating feature to any event, nor will it let me create an event with one. The calendar just closes and it takes you back to the home screen. When going back to the calendar, the event is unchanged or not created.

Does anyone know how to email Toshiba about the issue?

Tim

tmmillard

I am having the same problem. I my case I can never do a repeating event in the native calendar app, whether it's a new event or a modified one. Talked to support at Toshiba (multiple times) and they blamed it on the Android software. Suggested I download another calendar app from the market called "Ancal" which was a joke because it does not even support repeating events. I tried a few as others have. Since I'm using "myphoneexplorer" to sync my data with Outlook on my laptop vs. using google site for sync, I had to find one that works. I found that "Touch Calendar" (they have a free version you can test before buying) works great. All my existing events populated after install on the tablet. All you have to do is delete any repeating events you have in Outlook and do a sync, then any repeating events created via Outlook and/or your tablet sync perfectly.

Tim

shtr_bugg

why has no one from toshiba addressed this?
Peter

For those of you still having this issue, please let me know what build you're using.

To find this, open the settings and select the bottom entry on the left, "About tablet." On the right, look on the bottom under "Build number."

- Peter
shtr_bugg

Mine is htk55d.31.5.0002

And thank you for responding.

ingridjackson20

what version are you using? if you're are using Android versio 3.1.01.5.0023 i think it's the problem :smileysad:

radiohammer

Mine is

Android: 3.2.1

Build: HTK55D.31.5.0002

Kernel: 2.6.36.3-00020g3dbuild10#1