antix13

toshiba satellite A135-S2246 system restore

my friend has a toshiba satellite A135-S2246. shes been trying to do a system restore on it but does not have the disc for it. is there anywhere she can get one or download from. does she even need the disc? she just want to wipe out the laptop and start over.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: toshiba satellite A135-S2246 system restore

Information on using the Hard Drive Based Recovery Process and creating the disks normally begins on or about page 58 to 60 of your User's Guide.  The User's Guide is found on your hard drive in Adobe Acrobat Format and can be downloaded from the Product Support Link at the top of this page.

If that doesn't work you will need to contact Toshiba and order replacement Recovery Media as per:

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Technology/Recovery-media-replacement-change-in-fulfillme...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

antix13

it states that there are two options. if she does the "delete partitions and overwrite all sector on hard disk" will that affect the OS and have to re-install vista?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

If you continue to read through the information it will tell you EXACTLY what it will do.  If you want to restore the system to how it was when it was shipped from the factory you want to use the "Recover To Out Of Box State".  At the end of that process the system will be exactly as it came from the factory.  It will erase all of her personal data though so she will need to back that up first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

antix13

ok. thank you

antix13

so im still having trouble with the out of the box recovery. ive followed what the manual says but still i do not get the option to do the recovery to out of the box. i got it to go to a restore oprtion but it needs a password for the administration, owner, and with the guest. my sister (the owner) of the laptop does not remember her password and does not know the password for administrator. so im guessing i would need a recovery disk. where can i order one since the laptop was not suppied with one when she bought it

antix13

i forgot to mention that i can only operate the system through safe mode. i get the blue screen of death on normal mode. it turns blue then restarts the laptop. it works perfectly normal through safe mode