Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

recovery disc bought from toshiba is corrupt

Hi, i recently ordered a recovery disc from toshiba and now i was trying to reformat my computer using the said recovery disc. after reaching disc 2, the installer cannot continue because it says it cannot read one the file PREINST8.SWM so now i have a laptop with no OS and a faulty recovery disc, how can i fix this problem? and how can i exchange my disc?

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

Re: recovery disc bought from toshiba is corrupt

FYI

my laptop is the A505-S6025

gardenia650

I have a similar problem with the original recovery discs that came with my laptop P105-S6147. I got an error "0X8007045D: The request could not be performed because of an i /o device error. Preinst.swm so then my hard drive was erased and now I have no OS system so I tried the recovery & media disc again and it says it cannot read from the source file or disk Preinst2.swm. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to do next????
Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

hmmm what i did was i have an msdnaa account which lets me download an original installer of windows 7 proffesional x64 the used the number stuck on the bottom of the laptop to activate the laptop. well this is a workaround but i'm really dissapointed with toshiba, my first set of recovery disc made by the laptop was corrupt so i ordered a new one from toshiba and guess what, the second one a

SquareBeer

gardenia650