04-28-2012 02:50 PM
A few days ago, I tried starting up my computer. Windows would not load. Safe mode did not work so I tried recovery options. It never loaded the options. Now, all I get is those two options but nothing ever loads. How can I fix this, or is my computer totally gone? I am in Iraq right now so it's a little difficult to get to a repair shop. Someone please help!! I don't want to lose all my kids pictures, my documents, important stuff.
Well, I don't have a disk. The laptop did not come with one. I have tried a slew of different options and being that I am in Iraq, it is hard to find a recovery disk anywhere without having to buy a new disk which i do not have the money to do. I've tried the following with all the same results:
- System repair - hangs at the repair screen
- Start normally - hangs at the starting windows screen
- Start in safe mode - hangs at the classpnp.sys file
- Start in safe mode with command prompt - hangs at the classpnp.sys file
- start in safe mode with networking - hangs at the classpnp.sys file
04-29-2012 12:15 PM
If you haven't burned a Windows 7 System Repair disc, download one by scrolling down to the link Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit here.
Then try a Startup Repair and a System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment.
Let us know how it goes.
Copyright © Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.