ionizer12000

how to use recovery disks

I burned four recovery disks using the recovery disk maker on my laptop.  I would like to use these to go back to the settings I had when I made them.  How do I use them?  I put the first one in and I just get the folders that is on it.  How do I get it started?

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: how to use recovery disks

check out your users guide on or about page 60. the users guide can be found by searching users guide in the start menu. you may be able to do a system restore from the hard drive. the discs are just incase the hard drive partition is damaged.

hope that helps

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
ionizer12000

I have information on the recovery disks that I burned.  The system recovery only restores the laptop to its origional state, not the state I had it in before I had to send the laptop for repair.  I need to know how to upload the four recovery disks.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

the recovery discs that you made whether it was day one or a year after you got your laptop will be exactly the same and will only recover your system to original factory settings

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.