marielri

how to reset my toshiba laptop?

hello

one day while using  my laptop, windows vista reported that i got a virus or a cookie and block everything, so i can't open any program on my computer...i can turn it up but thats it.. and i been trying to reset it holding the power buttom and then key # 0 didn't work..also by using the key C instead of the # 0 didn't work either because no menu appears and just turns on normal

please help me

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: how to reset my toshiba laptop?

Which laptop?

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Marie, hello.

If you can (?) go to any browser, click on this URL and let her rip. It should help you.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

marielri

its a toshiba special edition

model # PSAGCU-05601S

thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A305-S6898 (PSAGCU-05601S)

Your model may or may not have these, Marie. See the section Hard Drive Recovery Utilities, which begins on p. 60 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A300 Series User’s Guide

Since your spec does not show a utility to burn recovery discs, my guess is that they came with the computer. In that case, If you don't have them you'll need to order them.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Jerry, good morning.

My advice to Marie to run the MS security app was ill advised, I reread her lines and now see that she can not even get the machine going. How old a machine is this ?

This again shows the advantage to have and keep the Restore CDs or to do a clone/backup. Better safe than sorry !