douglas62

forgot my password

I have an old computer and forgot the password when I turn it on, I cannot get into windows. Can you please tell me what to do to be able to start windows and not need a password. Thank you very much. I am computer illiterate so I will need step at a ntime directions. Thankyou very much.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: forgot my password

which version on windows?

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
ramirochav

I am a new user in the forum having the same problem, the operating system in my computer is Windows XP,

Thanks for the help you can provide

Regular Contributor
nameless

Did you guys create a password reset disc?

If not, the only thing that I can advise you is to do the recovery on the NB.

You have to set the laptop back to its factory default, you have to reset the NB.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
dbrown

any interest in describing that url?

Regards,
dbrown
NB205-N325BL, Win 7/32.
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

It tells you how to recover your lost Windows password. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

sexladys07

[ Edited ]
This is very easy to do, but rather than explain it all here, I've found  thing that show you exactly how to do it.
This is the easiest method, but for this you need to have the Windows Setup DVD that came with you computer, if not go to the second link.

If you dont have the setup DVDs, then follow this link to fix it. These methods requires a bit more work though, but is just as effective.
you can find a windows password key 8.0 to solved your problem. once I had the same headache, I had download it from this :

http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/software/t-free- windows-password-key-download-yaljbmbp.html

http://www.123-free-download.com/download-clean/pa ssword-recovery-software/windows-password-key/117...

Hope it can help you.

[ admin edit to remove software key ]

andylausmith

Thanks for your sharing.

I also know a Windows Password Reset Software which I used it to find my lost vista password last month.

Hope it helps. good luck

scotthillman

There are a lot of Windows password reset utilities available, but I’ve found that the Reset Windows Password 1.3 boot CD is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2003, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password

You can use the ISO to burn a boot CD. Follow these instructions:

1. Download ISO file from http://www.top-password.com/reset-windows-password.html
2. Burn to a CD using a CD burning tool such as Nero, Roxio or MagicISO
3. Insert CD into drive and reboot.
4. You may have to select an option in the BIOS to get the computer to boot from the CD.
5. Simply select your Windows installation if multiple operating systems have been installed on the computer, the program will list all user accounts for your selected Windows installation. Select a user account from the list, then click the "Reset" button to reset the password.

Booting up and clearing a password takes a minute or two works like a charm.

maggiena

If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows.
Bika1938

I have a Toshiba Satellite. I used it a lot for travelling but since I haven't had to travel it stayed in its case. I wanted to use it today BUT it asked for a password which I forgot. How can I get into the computer not using a password? I misplaced my disk so I can't reinstall it. Looking forward hearing from you on how I can solve it.

Thanks

Riet M Reid

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

Is it a Bios password, a hard drive password, or a Windows login password?  If it's a bios password you will need to take or send it to a qualified service tech to have it reset. 

If it's a hard drive password there is absolutely nothing that can be done unless you can remember the old password.

If it's the Windows login password try reading the earlier posts in this thread as they provide everything you need to know to reset it. 

maggiena

Just hit the set up key as your machine boots up, usually, F2-F3 or F8.

Go to safe mode using the up-down arrows and where it says set/change password, simply hit the enter button, enter a new password in and close, using the save function.

You can now use that new password and are now officially the administrator!

Or else, you need some Windows password reset program to help you do that job.

gnw
gnw

I have same problem with password having typed in password for new computer but mistyping letters/word due to new keyboard. I have a Satellite C655-55128 with Windows 7. Thanks
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

As was asked previously, is this a Windows, Bios, or Hard Drive password?  If it's the Hard Drive password there is nothing that can be done except for remembering what the password is.  There is no way for ANYONE to get around that.

If it's a Bios Password you'll need to take it or send it to Toshiba to have it removed.  You'll have to pay for having it done and will need to provide proof of ownership. 

If it's a Windows Password it's easier dealt with and the answer was posted at least once in this thread already.

--sandra99

running Vista Toshiba laptop tried F 8 tip didn't work

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Once again (doesn't anyone bother to read the existing posts before making a new one), is this a HARD DRIVE, BIOS, or WINDOWS password? What you do is different for each. See the previous posts (except for 4, 12, and the first part of 15) which are completely incorrect and total rubbish) for everything you need to know. You will have to follow the provided links to the necessary Password Reset Tools for Windows Passwords.