Chicharito

Windows Vista recovery disk

[ Edited ]

I want to order a recovery disk for my laptop, however when i give them the computer's serial number and part number they tell me to select which disk i would like to purchase but the only option they give me is one with 64bit however my computer is running vista 32bit would i still be able to restore my computer or do i need the 32bit? If so what can i do to order it because this is my only option: SW Media - DVD-Satellite-L300-Win Vista 64bit Home Premium-EN as you can see it has 64bit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is my serial number: 89577426Q

And Part number: PSLB8U-14F025

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Windows Vista recovery disk

Satellite L305-S5957 

I want to order a recovery disk for my laptop, however when i give them the computer's serial number and part number ... they give me ... 64bit..

That does sound like a glitch in the system. If you prefer 32-bit Windows, I suggest you give Toshiba a call (800-457-7777) and explain the situation.

BTW, you shouldn't have difficulty with 64-bit Windows. Almost all 32-bit applications will run. (But no 16-bit applications will run.) The most serious problem would be that some of your peripherals (like a printer) might not have 64-bit drivers.

-Jerry
SamWilliam

I ran into the same problem - model #PSAF3U-03600V is 32-bit but when I enter serial number and model info in your Recovery Media order page, it only lists the 64-bit. I've ordered it but need to verify that it won't mess up my laptop? Please clarify other than just telling me to call their tech support - person #1 didn't know and said to speak to supervisor on Monday. then person #2 said it didn't matter and wouldn't transfer me to supervisor. As no one is accountable, need to be absolutely sure. Please advise as apparently Toshiba doesn't accept emails except phone calls and this forum.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite A205-S4777

It does seem like another glitch. The spec above shows 32-bit Windows.  

your Recovery Media order page. .. Please clarify other than just telling me to call their tech support ... Please advise as apparently Toshiba doesn't accept emails except phone calls and this forum.

Has nothing to do with me, Sam. We are all users here just like you.

-Jerry
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Hi Chicharito,

I've forwarded the problem info to the people who manage the recovery media database so that it can be corrected.  Meanwhile, if you send me a Private Message with your daytime phone number I will also send that to Customer Service and request that they contact you.

In case you weren't aware of this option, if your laptop is currently operating normally you should be able to restore the original hard disk image by first shutting down Windows and then holding down the zero ('0') key while the system boots up.  You should also be able to run the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator program to burn your own set of recovery media onto blank discs.

Of course, you should also be able to order the correct recovery media so do send me a Private Message with the requested info if you'd like to continue down that path.  To access Private Messages, click on the small envelope icon in the upper right area of this and most forum pages. From there, click the 'Compose New Message' tab and enter "jim" in the 'Send To' field.

Jim

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Hi Sam,

It looks like we have a problem with our recovery media database for at least a couple of models.

I've forwarded your information to both the people who maintain the information in that database and also to call center management, since you should have received assistance through that official support avenue.  If you send me a Private Message with your laptop's serial number and your daytime phone number, I'll also forward that to Customer Service management so they can follow up with you.

To access Private Messages, click on the small envelope icon in the upper right area of this and most forum pages. From there, click the 'Compose New Message' tab and enter "jim" in the 'Send To' field.

Jim

dallanp

is this still a problem ? I'm about ready to order the disk and see it's still showing 64bit...