samsofty

Windows 7 Installation CD's

i've a Toshiba A505-6025 Laptop (bought recently); and i wondering where can i find windows 7 re-installation CD's that were given along with laptop;

if this is with recovery media creator process, how can we use it when we want to repair the windows 7 ?

i've windows 7 professional edition;

thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Windows 7 Installation CD's

Satellite A505-S6025

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, beginning on p. 60 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
samsofty

Following from Page 60:

There are different Recovery Options:

1.Recover to out-of-box state
2.Recover to a custom size partition
3.Recover without changing the internal storage drive partitions
4.Restore from recovery DVDs/media

if I am picking option 4.

1 Insert the first recovery DVD into your optical drive and power on the computer.
2 When the initial screen displays, press F12. The boot menu appears.
3 Using the arrow keys, select the DVD option and press Enter.
4 The Selecting a Process screen appears. Select Toshiba Recovery Wizard and then click Next.
5 If your system offers a choice of Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit operating system, select one at this time. If not, skip to step 6.
6 A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten. Click Yes to continue.
7 When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens and the Selecting a Process screen displays, select Recovery of Factory Default Software and then click Next.

Recover to out-of-box state—If you want to recover the original factory image (returning the computer to its outof- box state).

It indicates that the data will be erased and will go the previous point;

I am looking for just repair option of Windows 7. where is this part in the recovery media process?

I've windows XP laptop and have XP Re-installation CD's; when there is an issue with Operating System files, I'd choose the repair option of XP;

I am looking for the similar option for Windows 7.

Please help.

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It indicates that the data will be erased and will go the previous point; 

I am looking for just repair option of Windows 7. where is this part in the recovery media process?

The only repair option you have in Windows 7 is the Windows Recovery Environment. And what you can do there is very limited. Nevertheless, in case you cannot boot Windows, be sure to burn a repair disc. 

Create a system repair disc 

In case you have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can indeed run a repair, but it needs to be from within Windows. 

How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7   

I've windows XP laptop and have XP Re-installation CD's; when there is an issue with Operating System files, I'd choose the repair option of XP

The situation is similar to Windows 7. That is, you need the installation disc to do it.

But you could do a repair install to fix Windows XP from booting the installation CD (i.e., without Windows' running). 

How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

-Jerry