jincheker

Unable to boot from Satellite C55-A

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone

I messed up my system and now I can not boot into Win8, when I hit the power button, I can only see toshiba's logo and a loading bar under it, and the loading bar keeps loading forever but nothing happens.

I tried to fix it as bootloader problem, by following this article: http://superuser.com/questions/460762/how-can-i-repair-the-windows-8-efi-bootloader

But no magic happens, it's just keep loading on start. And One Interesting thing is, after I re-enter into recovery command line, and go to EFI\Microsoft\Boot, I found the BCD file that I created before was removed!!

And I tried commands in command line of the recovery gui, following this article: http://www.techspot.com/guides/630-windows-8-boot-fix/

And when I reach to this command:  bootrec /rebuildbcd

I will get the following message:

The requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple indistinguishable devises potentially matching the identification criteria

Can anyone please help me. I don't actually know what should I do.

Also, in the EFI partiion I found two efi boot folder, one is microsoft, one is toshiba. I don't know if toshiba has it's own settings, and should I recover my system based on that?

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: Unable to boot from Satellite C55-A

[ Edited ]

Hi! I have no life so I hang out here on the forum on week ends. Most of the other advisors have a life! Please post your full model number found on the bottom of your lap top. I do not run W8. You will get better replies during the week. My advice is to save your data and restore to factory settings.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-Knowledge-Base/What-can-I-do-if-my-Windows-8-laptop-won-t-sta...

System recovery discs and USB recovery can be found here. I recommend the USB.

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
jincheker

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply!

My model is C55-A5286

I just got it 4 days ago.

One thing I found that's interesting is, when I went to command line, and use diskpart to list vol, I found my windows partition is hidden!! I don't know how the hell it became hidden. I think that might be the reason that even repair bcd is failed.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! Your model is so new that Product Support doesn't show specs or user guild. I know very little about W8??

I would take it back to the seller:smileywink:

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! This is the best I can do for you. There should be more replies during the week.:smileywink:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-Knowledge-Base/What-can-I-do-if-my-Windows-8-laptop-won-t-sta...

jincheker

Hi, Dokie

Thanks for your reply. I've tried these methods but none of them is working.

But yeah, I finnally gave up and went to store for an exchange. 

Again thank you very much for your help. Looks like we all have no life. :smileylol:

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

Dokie!:smileywink:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Your model is so new that Product Support doesn't show specs or user guild.

The Manuals and Specs tab appears to be broken for the weekend. But you can usually hunt down the spec for new machines.

Satellite C55-A5286

-Jerry