bsully90

Toshiba Satellite L755D-S7222 wont restore to factory default

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to restore my L755D-S7222(I believe it is..The model is the exact model from Aarons.com 17.3 in Toshiba) laptop since it was consistently freezing every time i clicked anything on my screen. If i clicked on my computer or start or even the volume icon, the computer would freeze but my mouse could move. Control + Alt + delete would take 5 minutes to respond. I tried unplugging any USB devices and just kept the AC power plug connected. Also tried unplugging it. Nothing worked. So i tried to restore it to factory default since I dont have too much on the laptop. I've had it for about 4 months. Im very hesitant to send it to the warehouse to fix it since im deployed in Afghanistan and with how slow the mail has been this time of year, it would probably take 3 months to get back. No point.. So if there is any way someone can help me with my current issue: I tried to restore to factory default but keep my files and then after it completes to 100% it goes through another process and then it gives me an error. I know I should have probably written down the error code since im not near my laptop. But it gives me an error and says click OK to shut down. I click OK and it shuts down. I turn it on and it says the computer did not shut down properly or something in that manner. I click start normal and it goes through the process of a first time user. Type in my computer name and then my password and then it says Finalizing settings for first time user. It then sits there forever till it finally shuts down. I turn it on and it does the same process. So then I go to my restart again and do Complete Out of Box Restore. Does EVERYTHING the same but instead of reaching the start up screen to input my information, it stays on a black screen and near the bottom it says starting first time use with a white light moving left and right. It will stay there forever as well until it shuts down. I did this last night and when i was about to fall asleep it was in the black screen trying to set up like i just described and when i woke up, it was exactly the same. Please help, I havent downloaded anything on the computer since downloading is restricted on the internet.

bsully90

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755D-S7222 wont restore to factory default

Wow im glad I am the only person in history to ever get this problem. Thanks guys.. Waste of my time.

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755D-S7222 wont restore to factory default

You'll need to be patient. This is a peer support forum. Toshiba headquarters was closed for the holidays. In addition, if you need to talk to customer support, they can reached at (800) 457-7777.

A factory recovery either fixes the issue or shows that there's some sort of hardware failure. Because you're having problems even doing the factory recovery, it does sound like hardware failure unfortunately.

- Peter