austinslater

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 recovery help!

All the pc does is go to the Toshiba Splash screen, and then a blue screen that says "Recovery your PC needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be accesed. Error code: 0x0000185.

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media contact your system administrator or PC manufactuer."  I have tried resetting the firmware and also holding down 0 like Toshiba instructs. However, after I select yes to get into the HDD recovery, the screen flashes white and then goes right back to the same recovery screen no matter what I do. It's very irritating when I can't even get recovery to work -___-. Someone please help me out? I don't have any recovery disks, etc.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 recovery help!

C855D-S5320 (PSCBQU-00E007)

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, but let's try anyway.

Let's make sure the computer is completely shut down. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

Re-attach those, press the power button, and immediately start tapping the F12 key on the keyboard. If a boot menu appears, come back here for more.

-Jerry
austinslater

Yeah I tried the F-12 thing it didn't work :/ neither did holding down 0 for HDD recovery. I think you're right, it must be hardware which pisses me off seeing as how it's really new and never been dropped. Anyway, I am covered in warranty but now I have no place to tell them where to send me my box cause the link in the email only told me that it had been authorized for repair..

Sotonbg

I pressed f12 it works but i dont know what to do an also my problem is the toshiba screen will sit there for a while then a blue screen will appear with this face an some words thats go away to fast to see then the toshiba screen will come back sayin auto repair or somethin like that an after the screen go away it just sit at a black screen
Sotonbg

Also i got same toshiba satellite mines is windows 8 though dont if that helps anything
Regular Advisor
bmurray

that is good.  if on start up pressing f12 gets you to the boot screen, you may be able to recover.  shut down computer and restart this time hitting the f2 key till you get to the screen which presents you with different options such as safe mode or safe mode with networking.  hit safe mode and see what that does, then post back

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Sotonbg

Ok it says
1. HDD/SDD. Hitachi HTS5450A7E380(S1)
2. USB
3. Odd. TSSTcorp CDSVDW SN-208AB(PM)
4. LAN
<ENTER SETUP>
<HDD Recovery>
Sotonbg

I dont do much on this laptop i just use it for studio program i can get another computer but i got everything i need on this one
Sotonbg

Ok got it but it says no bootable drive
Regular Advisor
bmurray

download your usermanual here and take a look at page 132, Refresh. 

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Sotonbg

I mean device not drive
Occasional Contributor
Antheasmith

[ Edited ]

now look for hardware solution..

Go2Guy

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy: To restore your laptop back to it's "ORIGINAL FACTORY SPECS" you must 1st access "Boot Options" on your Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320, or similar model & here's what worked for me. Start the laptop while tapping the "F12" key. This will open your boot options menu. At the very bottom of the list is an option called "HDD Recover"...click on it if you want to be able to access your "Advance System Recovery Options" where you'll be given new options allowing you to restore your laptop back to it's original factory specs. Please don't forget to give me "Kudos" by clicking onto my Kudos button next to my post if my solution was able to help you in any way...thanks.~: )  (((A+ Discount Computer Repair, Alb, NM)))