Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Toshiba Satellite C655 Windows Error Recovery loop

Hello, My toshiba laptop is in Windows Error Recovery loop.. My laptop was running really slowly so I decided to turn off my computer and then boot it up.. And now I am stuck on a loop.. As you guys know there are 2 options 1.) Launch Startup Repair 2.) Start Windows Normally So I choose choice 1 and it says it loads Windows files, but then it goes into a blank screen.. All that I see is my mouse pointer.. That's all.. I also left the laptop on an entire day on that window and nothing.. Also the box the laptop came in didn't bring me any Recovery disks, also the start up speed is Fast so I can't hit F12 or F8 or anything like that.. So I choose choice 1 and that just takes me back to the Windows Error Recovery.. Please help!
Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Toshiba Satellite C655 Windows Error Recovery loop

[ Edited ]

Whenever you post a problem here your should always post your full model number, like Satellite C655-S5060, and your model's part number, like PSC08U-04X037. You can find this info on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer. In addition, we need to know if you are still running Windows 7 64bit.

However, if there is NO data or personal files you need to backup from your hard drive, you can try this. Power off your machine, press and hold down the '0' (zero) key while powering on your machine, keep holding down the '0' (zero) key until you see the Toshiba Recovery menu. Then, return your system to its factory default out-of-the-box condition.

Please let us know what happens, or give us the above information. Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

[ Edited ]
I tried that but nothing worked.. It leaves me on a blank page with my mouse pointer.. Also when I bought the laptop it didn't bring ke any recovery disk and I don't wanna pay 25$ for them I think it should of brought it with the laptop.. Oh here is my laptops Part no and serial Part No: PSC16U-053030
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Almost forgot! Mines a Toshiba C655D-S5084
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Gee I keep forgetting to write stuff down.. Yes my laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit
Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Killabb23 wrote:
I tried that but nothing worked.. It leaves me on a blank page with my mouse pointer.. Also when I bought the laptop it didn't bring ke any recovery disk and I don't wanna pay 25$ for them I think it should of brought it with the laptop.. Oh here is my laptops Part no and serial Part No: PSC16U-053030 Serial No: xxxxxxxxx

First, you should go back and edit your post above to remove your serial number. This is not something you should post on the open forum. We are not Toshiba Customer support. Just other users and Toshiba owners trying to help each other out.

Satellite C655D-S5084 Specifications

Satellite C655D-S5084 Downloads

You can take a look at this article and see if you can access the Toshiba Recovery partition this way.

Pressing the Zero Key While Powering on the Computer Does Not Start the Toshiba Recovery Wizard

To try to get to the Advanced Boot Options menu, just continually keep pressing the F8 key as soon as you power on your system. It may beep at you when you do that, but don't worry about it, just keep pressing F8 until you hopefully get to the Advanced Boot Options menu. Let us know if you can get to Advanced Boot Options.

BTW, not to be mean, but when your system was still working, you could have made a set of recovery disks yourself, as is described starting on page 68 of your  Satellite C640/C650 Series User’s Guide

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Ah ok I'll keep pressing F8 and see what happens.. So basically spam F8.. And removed my serial no :smileytongue:
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Oh when I press F8 just once it says PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key.. But I will keep pressing F8.. Should I also have it connected to the internet?
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Pressing F8 doesn't help at all.. Just beeps really loudly.. Umm I will wait to see what you have to say.. Also the F8 thing according to your link is only applicable to another version of Toshiba.. Not sure
Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Killabb23 wrote:
Oh when I press F8 just once it says PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key.. But I will keep pressing F8.. Should I also have it connected to the internet?

This is not good news. This means your system is trying to boot from your network card, because it cannot find another device to boot from. This would imply that your hard drive has failed. But then you should not be getting this:

.....As you guys know there are 2 options 1.) Launch Startup Repair 2.) Start Windows Normally So I choose choice 1 and it says it loads Windows files, but then it goes into a blank screen.. ..... So I choose choice 1 and that just takes me back to the Windows Error Recovery.. Please help!

So, regardless of how slow it starts or runs, can you start Windows normally? Also, try waiting till the moment you see the Toshiba logo disappear before you start pressing F8 and see if this makes a difference on getting to the Advanced Boot Options menu.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

After pressing F8 I don't get the Windows Error Recovery.. And when I do let it load w/o pressing anything it says Windows is loading files.. I think the laptop is busted O.o hopefully not! I mostly kept 90% of everything on a external hard drive.. So I don't know what happened to it
Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Download a repair disk image and burn it to a disk on another computer 

•Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit

On power up, as soon as you seen the Toshiba logo, press the 'F12' key to enter the boot sequence.  Select boot from 'Optical Disk Drive' or 'CD/DVD' drive, you will then see a text line 'Press any key to boot from DVD/CD drive....', with the dots counting down, press any key to boot from the repair disk. Boot into WinRE and run Startup Repair and tell us what happens.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Ok Mike I will try that.. I am using my iPod to talk here as soon as I get a hold of a computer shortly I'll be doing what you told me.. Thanks for all of your help :smileyhappy:
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

I got a problem.. The laptop doesn't turn on anymore! I don't know what's going on! It's plugged in.. It was working fine and I actually got the CD to try it on the computer and thus happens...
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Nevermind! Ummm I had the wrong charger xD and the CD I made isn't working.. I think I messed up :smileytongue:
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Oh Mike I got the Advanced Boot Options.. I got choices Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Enable boot logging, Enable low-resolution video (640x480), Last known good Configuration (advanced), Directory Services Restore Mode (seems to be the thing I am looking for), Debugging Mode, Disable automatic restart on system failure, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, Start Windows Normally,
Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Mike nothing happens when I put the CD that has the .iso file.. It just says PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key
Super Advisor
miker643

I'm in South Korea and it's Monday morning for me now, and I've got a lot to do today. I've asked Jerry_Lippey to take a look and try to help you out. He's our resident Windows guru. Please wait for Jerry and follow his instructions.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Killabb23

Ah ok thanks Mike for taking your time with me.. Really appreciated
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I got the Advanced Boot Options..

If you got that far with F8, choose choose Repair Your Computer. If you reach the System Recovery Options menu, choose Startup Repair.

nothing happens when I put the CD that has the .iso file.. It just says PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key

Again? It does seem you are having hardware malfunctions.

I would see if that disc is bootable on another computer. If not, remake it.

-Jerry