AnnoyedConfused
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Satellite A305 Reset to Factory Settings

[ Edited ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857 and I'd like to reset it to factory settings. My model number is PSAG0U-02701V. My OS is Windows Vista 64bit Service Pack 2. I know that Toshiba doesn't give you recovery disks, so I tried to create some using the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator. However, I don't have this recovery disk creator installed and there is no option to install it from the Toshiba website.

If I don't have the ability to create a recovery disk, how can I reset my computer back to factory default settings? I also know about turning the laptop off and 'pressing zero' option that erases everything on the C drive and is supposed to restore it back to factory settings, but I'm not sure if my laptop even has a recovery partition on the hard drive at all. I basically don't want to do that option because if there's no recovery data it would end up ruining my computer. Is there a way to tell if my laptop has a recovery partition? Help?

Super Advisor
eagle3

Re: Toshiba Satellite A305 Reset to Factory Settings

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to tell if my laptop has a recovery partition? Help?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go to disc management. -start, enter in search computer management, select computer management, then select disc management to see your hard drive partitions. -See Picture-

Disc creator - start, all programs, Toshiba, support & recovery, recovery media creator or similar name.

Some Toshiba's have a application installer - start, all programs, Toshiba, support & recovery, Toshiba application installer. Use it to reinstall the recovery disc creator.

Post your full model number and we can answer without guessing.

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****
AnnoyedConfused

My model number is PSAG0U-02701V. Sorry I didn't post it, I didn't know if it was needed. I took a screenshot of what my Disk Management looks like. It doesn't say recovery, but it does say EISA Configuration.

I have Disk Creator but I have no Support & Recovery folder or Application Installer.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A305-S6857

Downloads here

Thanks for the picture from Disk Management. Your model does not contain a recovery partition. That small one contains the recovery environment.

Recovery discs accompanied the computer. You can obtain them from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here

For instructions, see the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the Recovery media, which begins on p. 65 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A300 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
Hticer

My laptop started telling me that my administrator I'd is not recognizable. I was thinking I could try to reset and restore my laptop. My model number is PSMPBU-00R01R. I would appreciate any help.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Best to start your own thread. Click the blue New Message button.

My laptop started telling me that my administrator I'd is not recognizable.

Attach a picture of that message if you can.

-Jerry
AnnoyedConfused

Are there any free recovery options I could use instead of ordering Recovery Disks from Toshiba? Also, could anyone tell me around how much the Recovery Disks would cost if ordered from Toshiba?

If I used the Recovery Disks, would I have to re-install all the original software and drivers again or are they included in the disks? Just to check, I wouldn't have to re-install the OS, right?

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

1. I don't know of another reasonable way.

2. I don't know the current price. It depends on whether you order discs or a flash drive.

3. When you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media, everthing is restored.

-Jerry