pav
pav
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Satellite A105 S4014 System Recovery

My Toshiba Satellite A105 S4014 crashed, I can not access the recovery partition on the hard drive. I have tried every trick I‘ve read about on the web. Holding zero, F8, F1 all of them. When I boot up, I get to the boot screen (start in safe mode…) and regardless what option I select, I return back to the same screen. Therefore have determined I need the factory recovery disks. Understand there is a $24.95 charge for the factory but I haven’t registered my machine and Toshiba will not sell the disks until the machine is registered. When I go to the website to register my computer, I get and error message and all other options are not available until normal business hours. So, does anyone know how, in the middle of a three day weekend, it is possible to get recovery disks or get some assistance in accessing the recovery partition on the hard drive?

Regular Contributor
nameless

Re: Toshiba Satellite A105 S4014 System Recovery

Hi,

I checked the specs of your laptop and it doesn't seem to have a hidden partition for the recovery.

You have to get the recovery disk, and toshiba is having problems with their websites also that's why you can't register the NB as of now.

And about the recovery disk, it will take 10 business days before you receive it.

pav
pav

Re: Toshiba Satellite A105 S4014 System Recovery

I was afraid that would be the answer. Thank you.