RStuart30

Toshiba Recovery Media Creator Removal

I am trying to upgrade to windows 8 on my Qosmio X505-Q8102. When I run the upgrade it says I need to manually uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator. So I went into the control panel and uninstalled. Rebooted as instructed and resummed the upgrade. I got the same message to manually uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator. I do not know where to go from here.

cazza1496

Re: Toshiba Recovery Media Creator Removal

Hey I had the same problem today just go to my computer and select your c: drive and go in programme files and then select TOSHIBA the file should be there for you to delete.

C:\programme files/TOSHIBA/Toshiba Recovery Media Creator
JLMoore108

I have the exact same problem.  Have you found a solution?

cathareese

The same for me and I tried to delete it under programs but it only went so far and quit, kept saying try again

lcl
lcl

I'm having a similar issue. I have a Satellite P875-S7200 which I just bought and some how with all the update assistants (Windows, Toshiba) it has gotten me to the point where it is telling me to manually uninstall this program but when I go to do that it tells me there is an error (-5005 : 0x8007002) which I can find nothing on.  It says to make sure I have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.  I can't find anything else running, and there doesn't seem to be a way to recover the program with out going all the way back to factory setting, which will make me lose Microsoft Office 2010 which I just installed and updated like they said.  

It's so frustrating!  It looks like so many people are having issues with this program.  Toshiba just needs to provide the program as a download so we can all fix this and move on.

billybobconnor

having the same issue. this thred is starting to get old and yet no word from toshiba...come toshiba im wasting money on os upgrade here.

Sm1th

I was able to get past this. Here is what you do:

1. Open Programs and Features
  2. Uninstall Toshiba Recovery Media Creator
  3. Restart the computer
  4. Start the Windows 8 setup again and it will install
  5. Done!