junt

System recovery problem for C855

Hi,

I'm new to this community. I have a Toshiba Satellite C855 that is having problem with booting (keeps on looking for a bootable device) and the best option is to restore it to the factory settings. I have followed the instructions on How to Perform System Recovery Method. 

My machine is having the F key numbers on the bottom edge of the keys and in Gray, so I have to press F12 when the initial Toshiba logo showed up and it goes to Boot Menu. The problem is, the option for HDD Recovery is not listed. There are only 4 options - HDD/SDD Toshiba MQ01ABD050 (S1), USB, ODD, and the LAN. On the last line <Enter Setup>

P.s. I was not able to create a recovery disk...

What could be the problem.

Thanks,

Jun

junt

Re: System recovery problem for C855

Attached is the screenshot...

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi! You are right. HHD recovery does not show up in your screen shot. IMHO you do not have this option available to you for some reason. Please attach your full model number which is found on the bottom of your lap top.

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Regular Advisor
bmurray

[ Edited ]

As dokie stated, please provide your entire model number which is printed on the bottom of the computer.  Please do not provide the serial number.

Anywho, you are accessing wrong menu for what you want to do.  You are accessing the boot menu (f12).  You need to take a look at your manual and see how to access the restore option.  Usually it is holding down the zero key and powering up.  Or if you are doing a restore using the restore disks, then you need to access the boot menu when powering up and select the cd/dvd as the boot drive.  If you didn't already create restore disks, you can order a set from Toshiba.  Good luck

L305-S5955, 4GB RAM, 250GB 10K rpm HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
zeeshanaayan07

how can i recover my backup setup to toshiba satellite laptop

Regular Advisor
bmurray

Please do not hyjack this post.  Start a new thread.

L305-S5955, 4GB RAM, 250GB 10K rpm HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
junt

[ Edited ]

Thanks Dokie,

Satellite C855-S5206

PART No: PSC72U-01600C

SERIAL No: XXXXXXXXX

Cheers,

JunT

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

junt

Attached is the screenshot...

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi junt! I'm getting conflicts in product support on your operating system. Please post what your running W7 or W8?? I only know of two ways to recover to factory with the recovery patition running W7.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Perform-system-recovery-Windows-7/t...

I don't know W8??

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-Knowledge-Base/What-can-I-do-if-my-Windows-8-laptop-won-t-sta...

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
junt

Hi Dokie,

Thanks, my os is Windows 7 Home Premium OA.

I already tried the recovery process from your link, but no luck. and unfortunately, I dont have a recovery disk created.

What I'm trying to do is to install Windows 7 OEM but during the process of installation, the installation is looking for the driver of my harddrive controller. Is it possible to install a fresh Windows 7 from my OEM? where can I download the driver for my HD controller?

Thanks,

JunT

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C855-S5206

It's best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. All the drivers and utilities are properly preinstalled. Windows is preactivated.

If no recovery discs were created, you can obtain them from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here.

For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery media, which begins on p. 57 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro C800/L800/S800 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi junT! Jerry has the best advise.  It's always best to use the Toshiba recoverey media.

Dokie!!

junt

Thanks Guys... I will try to order the recovery disk from Toshiba.

Cheers!

JunT