demonkiller147

System Recovery Error!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using win7 model: satelittle l675d-s7016

My windows has some problem so i decide to press 0 at booting to recovery. After that the Recovery is going well but later then in step 2 "now creating CRC file" it stuck at 14% and it have an error tthat 

Error 10-FA12-045D
Recovery Error
Please press [OK] to turn off the computer.
I try to turn off computer and boot again but it appear that Setup is in progress. I thought it was succeessful restore but it not. When setup done and bring me to the Window Desktop it did earse all my data but it pop up this [attachments]
and it keep rebooting it self once finish one program
And i discover that the wireless network is disable! and there was no aero on the windows! Wat should i do to fix it??????????????
Tazdevil000

Re: System Recovery Error!!!

I am getting the same error when trying to use the hidden recovery partition on a A665-S6086. I have ordered the recovery media which I hope solves the problem.

Or I think it means bad hard drive.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L675D-S7016

now creating CRC file

A cyclic redundancy check has failed. It means file corruption was encountered.

If you didn't burn recovery discs, obtain them from Toshiba as Tazdevil000 is doing.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
demonkiller147

But how much does the recovery media cost and do u have any idea to fix it without spending any $ ??? Pls??? Tell me??? this laptop is 1.5 year old and I spend like $100 or more to fix this laptop already but now it have more problem
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You should have burned the recovery discs as explained in the section Creating recovery DVDs/media, which begins on p. 69 of the User's Guide. 

Satellite L670 Series User’s Guide

Possibly you can still do that.

-Jerry
demonkiller147

But one problem is i already install a new windows and all the Toshiba software are gone. I know i can still download the software back but my question is when I create a recovery disc, does it contain all the TOshiba software??? Am i making  sense?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

my question is when I create a recovery disc, does it contain all the TOshiba software???

When you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using the recovery discs, all of the Toshiba software shown here is restored and all the drivers are correctly installed.

Not only that but the hidden partition enabling you to burn discs (and restore directly from it) is also created.

For more on that, see the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 60 of the User's Guide.

Satellite L670 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
demonkiller147

[ Edited ]

So i can make a recovery disc, reboot, press 0 and select out-of-the-box contents.??? Should it recovery back like i first bought it? have all the toshiba stuff??? Right now i dont have it i need to download manually btw can u find me a Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator i ??? i cant find it

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It's all in the User's Guide to which I linked. Better there than I can say it.

If you need to order the discs, you'll find my link (in a previous message) to that page too.

I recommend you restore to factory new.

Nothing more to talk about...

-Jerry
demonkiller147

But i dont want to spend anymore money can u link me a Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator?????

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Instructions for burning the discs are in the User's Guide.

You can't read them yourself?

-Jerry
demonkiller147

xDDD...!!!! I need an Toshiba Recovery Media Creator!!!! I need to download it but which link!!!!Am i making sense?????????

demonkiller147

[ Edited ]

Ok, wat if i order a toshiba recovery disk, does u guy charge any shipping cost??? If u do how many $ ?? i lived in Monterey Park, California. I ask this because ur order page said that " The actual amount depends on the model and shipping address." Also said that: "Recovery Media is generally available for models produced since 2006. Older models are not supported." How can i check that ???? using L675D-S7016 purchased in 2010 and one more question is can u estimated how many day when the recovery disk arrive???

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I am not a Toshiba guy. Maybe if you call them at 800-457-7777, you can learn something.

-Jerry
kiks

TOSHIBA Laptop Utilities and Features
www.tinyurl.com/98083914