Chris-Bell

Satellite L775D-S7340 laptop booting to a black screen.

I've had absolutely no problems with this laptop for the 6 months I've had it. Then yesterday it just froze up completely while watching a video on youtube, so I had to hard reset it by the power button. When it went to start up however, the "starting windows" screen took forever to load, just to go to a black screen with a movable cursor, but nothing else. I've tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, Safe mode, attempting to boot and install windows again from a disc, a recovery disc, even tried to do a factory reset. But every time it just loaded the same black screen. Any idea's on what the problem is and is there any way for me to fix it? 

Chris-Bell

Re: Satellite L775D-S7340 laptop booting to a black screen.

No one at all? 

rmaddison

My laptop is doing the same thing.  I have a Satellite L505-GS6000.  The furthest I can get in the boot is "windows boot manager" and error message 0xc00000e9.  After pressing continue I keep returning to this screen or the black screen with the cursor.  I also tried the same troubleshooting solutions as you, and no luck.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L775D-S7340

Satellite L505D-GS6000

Be sure to disconnect the peripherals for this.

If you haven't burned a Windows 7 System Repair disc, download one by scrolling down to the link Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit here.

Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc

Then try a Startup Repair and a System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment.

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

-Jerry
Chris-Bell

I have already tried a repair disk. It just loaded up to the same black screen.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Chris-Bell wrote:..

If the machine cannot boot the CD into WinRE, then there's something wrong with the hardware/BIOS.

-Jerry