Satellite1993

Satellite C855-S5206 Boot Problem

My laptop will not boot up. I shut it down last night , as I do everynight, and when I went to boot it up in the morning, it wouldnt start. The black screen with Toshiba in red (the one that wants you to press F2 or F12) but after that, the screen wen completely black wih a flashing cusor. Then it said:

Intel UNDI. PKE-Z.B (build 883)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.1.1.1(12/23/11)

Check cable connection!
PKE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C855-S5206, and it did not come with any sort of CD to reboot ar anything. I borrowed a Windows 7 iSeries reinstall CD and it wouldn't let me do anything either. Also, does removing the HDD from the computer void the Warranty? My friend who owns a computer store told me ot remove the HDD and install Windows on a Flashdrive. He said that his will detemine somejing, but I can't quite remember what. Anyways, if anyone has any insight on his problem and the warranty, please respnd. Thanks.
Peter

Re: Satellite C855-S5206 Boot Problem

Laptop's done ship with recovery media anymore. The materials with the laptop recommended creating recovery media. If you need to do a recovery, you can order recovery media from Toshiba. It shouldn't void the warranty as long as you don't damage it at all, although the original HDD will need to be installed in the computer if you ever get it repaired through Toshiba.

Try taking a look at this article.

What can I do if my Windows 7 or Windows Vista laptop won't start?

If you need further help, you may want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter