Occasional Contributor
Rowan8385
Accepted Solution

Satellite C655D-S5133 Recovery Problem

I have the Toshiba satellite c655d-s5133 and have recently bought a Toshiba Camileo H30 when I loaded the software that it came with on my laptop listed above, all the USB ports shut down and will not work so I tried to remove the camera software which failed to be removed. I have all my documents saved to several DVD so that I could reset the system using the Repair disc that I had made just like the lady told me to as this model did not come with any recovery discs like my Toshiba Satellite P300-S8844 did. When I attempted to use the disc the computer pop out the disc and asked for a Recovery Media disc 1, as I do not have them what do I have to do in order to set the system back to out of the box state???

If things keep going the way they have been with all my Toshiba products I may be looking at a different company

Thank you

Rowan 

Thanks
Rowan
Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Satellite C655D-S5133 Recovery Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi Rowan

First off, a set of Toshiba Recovery disks is NOT the same as a Windows Repair disk. So, let's try to get you to make a set of recovery disks before anything else. You'll probably need at least 3 DVDs to do this. Click on 'Start' and type in   recovery   and then click on 'Recovery Media Creator' and follow the directions there. The instructions for this begin on page 68 of your Satellite® C640/C650 Series User’s Guide, which I've added as an attachment to this post. The overall recovery utility instructions begin on page 59.

After making the disks, but before trying to do an actual Toshiba recovery, let's see if we can uninstall Toshiba Camileo H30 software in Safe Mode. Restart your system and go into Safe Mode and try to uninstall the Camileo software again. If you can successfully uninstall it there, restart regular Windows and try your USB ports again.

Start your computer in safe mode

Please let us know what happens.  Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Rowan8385

Thank You for the help it work well.

When I turned on the laptop today it worked prefect, but I did find that the letter Z has now quit and I'm not sure why??????

Thanks
Rowan
Super Advisor
miker643

When I turned on the laptop today it worked prefect, but I did find that the letter Z has now quit and I'm not sure why??????

Rowan

Not sure why the 'Z' key isn't working either. Nothing you did should have created that problem. Did you do a full Toshiba Recovery to return your unit to its factory default out-of-the-box state? Or did you only uninstall the Camileo software in Safe Mode?

Mike

Jaybawb

toshiba satellite c655d-s5133 windows 7 32 bit network drivers are not on the Toshiba web site.

This laptop was brought in for repair. The hard drive is toat. So i installed another HDD, re-installed Windows 7 and went to the Toshiba site to download the druvers.

No network drive on the site!!

I can use driver whiz or some other tool to get the rest of them, but with no network driver the PC is dead in the water. What IS going on here? I've never before run nto a repuatble manufacturer that didn't have the drivers for their machines..

TX

Jaybawb

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

rioferns

when i get the boot menu screen up i cant move the keys or select anything on the menu. please help me.