beachgirl117

Return to Factory Settings

I bought a display model from Walmart -  no books no disks.... I have to log on as walmart... they told me to set it back to factory settings... no idea how to do this!! HELP!!!!  Laptop is a Satellite A505D-S6958...Please  help!!!!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Return to Factory Settings

They didn't include recovery disks with that system, and haven't done so for several years on most models.  You have to create a set of recovery disks from the hidden recovery partition by using the Recovery Disk Creator.  Go to "Start - All Programs - Toshiba - Recovery - Recovery Disk Creator".  Information on using the Hard Drive Based Recovery Process and creating the disks normally begins on or about page 58 to 60 of your User's Guide.  The User's Guide is found on your hard drive in Adobe Acrobat Format and can be downloaded from the Product Support Link at the top of this page.

If you can not do so now you'll need to purchase a replacement set as per this post.
http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Recovery-media/td-p/9148

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

cflamm54

I have Toshiba Satellite L355-S7905 laptop. Not able to do password. Spoke with representative and was told I need a Hard drive password or BIOS password. Have no idea about these. Blue screen asked for Current Password - does not work. I need more info to get my laptop working. Appreciate any info back.

Regular Contributor
nameless

beachgirl117

yoo can actually creae your own recovery disc on this unit.

Amd also, you can do the recovery without the recovery disc.

cflamm54

what kind of password is it asking you??

A black screen with a blue box - BIOS password.

Enter current password / Enter Password upon turning - HDD password.

Both issue needs to be send for a repair, unless you know the password.